Brewer Fanatic

Indians release Chris Johnson

markedman5

Johnson isn't a guy I'd look at as a 3B option but a guy to replace Rogers lost AB's as RH platoon at 1B and bench bat against LH pitching? Absolutely. The guy's a .314/.350/.436 lifetime hitter against LHP. Cleveland would be on the hook for all but major league minimum. Why not? If he's putting up decent numbers in that role, he'll be easily moved too. An Alvarez/Johnson platoon has plenty of production potential.

Chris Johnson was the instigator in several skirmishes against us and is known as a bad dude.....I really do not think this regime is going to go in for bad actors

Good point about the instigator part. Him and McCann were the ring leaders in the Jared Fernandez and Carlos Gomez skirmishes. Although with Carlos gone it might be nice to have someone on the team with an edge to them.

Chris Johnson was the instigator in several skirmishes against us and is known as a bad dude.....I really do not think this regime is going to go in for bad actors

I'll take a passionate guy who cares even if he erupts on occasion over a guy who accepts losing and not performing. He's a modern day Jimmy Piersall. The game could use guys like that. He's not a bad dude, just wired tighter than most guys.

Suggest some of you guys read up on Milwaukee icon Johnny Logan or even Eddie Mathews. Johnson is in that same image. Logan was hated by opposing teams and Mathews instigated a few epic brawls in his day also.

I'll take a passionate guy who cares even if he erupts on occasion over a guy who accepts losing and not performing. He's a modern day Jimmy Piersall. The game could use guys like that. He's not a bad dude, just wired tighter than most guys.

Suggest some of you guys read up on Milwaukee icon Johnny Logan or even Eddie Mathews. Johnson is in that same image. Logan was hated by opposing teams and Mathews instigated a few epic brawls in his day also.

He is an instigator, but he's also a not very tough. In both of those instances (Fernandez and Gomez scuffles), Johnson ran right behind an umpire and then talked smack to the other team. He's just a phony tough guy with an attitude. Pass.

Or he could be Jeff Juden or Scott Karl in the clubhouse. I don't think getting into fights in any way relates to how much you want to win.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived