Brewer Fanatic

Jake Odorizzi to the Cardinals would REALLY bother me :(

TURBO
Just curious why it would "REALLY bother" you if Jake Odorizzi is traded to the Cardinals? For me personally, as someone who has followed Odorizzi's career with some curiosity since the Greinke deal, I'd be really happy for Jake to be traded to the Cardinals as he grew up a very short distance from there and was likely a STL fan growing up.

Not speaking for him/her but it could be that if he is traded there and has a lot of success then it stings that much more?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just curious why it would "REALLY bother" you if Jake Odorizzi is traded to the Cardinals? For me personally, as someone who has followed Odorizzi's career with some curiosity since the Greinke deal, I'd be really happy for Jake to be traded to the Cardinals as he grew up a very short distance from there and was likely a STL fan growing up.

I thought it would be pretty obvious what my point was, but maybe not so much after all. It would bother me to see former Brewer property, highly regarded Brewer property, pitching for the Cardinals (the team I hate the most in any sport) against the Brewers. Any success he has against the Brewers would hurt, since he was a guy I was looking forward to seeing as a Brewer some day.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't care one bit what happens with the Cardinals or Cubs this year so long as neither wins the World Series.

Now that the Brewers are truly rebuilding and have zero shot in the division for at least the next two years, i doubt that i'll muster any hate for how either teams does at all in the regular season, including vs the Brewers.

Actually, i hope both teams win 100 plus games, get their fans all excited, and then lose in devastating fashion in the playoffs. :)

I guess I was looking forward to seeing him as a Brewer someday too...five years ago.

I know this a thread about Jake maybe being traded to the Cardinals, but let's say he sticks with the Rays through his arbitration years & then chooses to sign with the Cardinals as a free agent. Would that bother you more, less or the same as if he was traded for?

Seeing him as a Cardinal, in any way, would bother me...

He probably has a little more sentimental value for me because I saw just about every start he had in his time in Appleton. Met him a couple of times, and he is a super nice kid.

I can't be the only person on this board who would hate seeing ex Brewer prospects play for the Cardinals...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I can't be the only person on this board who would hate seeing ex Brewer prospects play for the Cardinals...

For me, it's more about seeing what we gave up for what we received. Watching the Royals win the World Series, and seeing seemingly half the All Star game made up of former Brewers/Brewer prospects leads me to believe that maybe we could have done far better than we did if we hadn't made the trades we made.

As to him on the Cardinals, I don't know if it would effect me a lot more than seeing him (or other guys we traded) on any team. I actually cheer for the "Brewers" playing for the Royals in the World Series, but it bothers me to know that the Brewers played a fairly major role in building the Royals "dynasty," while feeding us the line that we needed to make moves like that if we ever wanted to have a chance of winning.

"Selling the farm" got us to one NLCS, but one of the main recipients of that sale have been to two WS, winning one, and are still looking at being World Series contenders for the foreseeable future. If Odorizzi helps lead the Cardinals to a World Series, I guess it would be more salt in the wound.

I root against the Cardinals, but really I just want the Brewers to do well... or at least have a strategy that can lead to them doing well in the future. In the long run, it is probably proving out that trading Odorizzi (and many others) hurt us more than it helped us, and that bothers me.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Archived