Brewer Fanatic

Trade with the Nationals

I think Lopez, Difo, Robles, and Reetz would be a fair return in that deal. I don't know if any of them are top 100, but Lopez and Robles are heading in that direction quickly. Check out the numbers Robles put up as an 18 year old last year... all the tools are there and he's already showing an advanced approach at the plate.

My question is whether the Nationals feel strongly enough about their need at catcher to give up that much for Lucroy. Ramos was bad offensively last year, but has been solid in the past and is capable of a bounceback.

The problem with Gennett is that he's a platoon player with no positional flexibility. I don't think a contending team would want to waste a roster spot on him, or in any event they wouldn't give up much in a trade.

A decent haul from the perspective of the Nats system, but are any of those guys even top-100 prospects?

Not enough for Lucroy.

Not currently but that's not to say that they won't be. We all know Stearns isn't afraid to mine lower levels of the minors to get back the most value.

@WiscoSportsNut

The only match I see with the Nationals is if they make Clint Robinson available as a cheap short term 1B option for the Brewers. Robinson is similar to Shane Peterson only with more power and bat better suited for a 1B/LF. Probably wouldn't take much at all to get him either. Not a good defender but hey he'll come a lot cheaper than Alavarez. If the Nats were to sign Chris Davis, they might even DFA Robinson

The only match I see with the Nationals is if they make Clint Robinson available as a cheap short term 1B option for the Brewers. Robinson is similar to Shane Peterson only with more power and bat better suited for a 1B/LF. Probably wouldn't take much at all to get him either. Not a good defender but hey he'll come a lot cheaper than Alavarez. If the Nats were to sign Chris Davis, they might even DFA Robinson

Give them scooter for Robinson plus a low level prospect

The only match I see with the Nationals is if they make Clint Robinson available as a cheap short term 1B option for the Brewers.

The Brewers souldn't be trading for any short term option at any position. There's plenty of free players (relatively speaking) available to fill out a lineup. No need to give up assets to get them.

The only match I see with the Nationals is if they make Clint Robinson available as a cheap short term 1B option for the Brewers.

The Brewers souldn't be trading for any short term option at any position. There's plenty of free players (relatively speaking) available to fill out a lineup. No need to give up assets to get them.

Robinson is controlled through 2020. The only short term thing about him is age, but maybe given full plying time and the bats not needing him, he could be flipped

I've said this before if you trade LuCroy you better get back a can't miss impact prospect, or you hold on to him.

Agreed worst case scenario you get a 1st round draft pick.....highly doubt it comes to that, but the thought remains at least get a 1st Round value of a prospect. This of course should only arise 2017 deadline.

C Jonathan Lucroy

LF Khris Davis

2B Scooter Gennett

for

RHP Lucas Giolito

3B Anderson Franco

C Spencer Kieboom

Count me in for any trade the nets Giolito. I'd doubt they'd move him; Arcia would need to be involved I'd think.

Maybe not, but the Nats have a pretty small window while Scherzer is still dominant and before Harper leaves for a $500M contract. Lucroy would overlap nicely with Harper's tenure. Of course, they would have to really love Lucroy (which is entirely possible) to trade Giolito.

Archived