4. 5/15/16 Fang and Hank the Dog Dual

5. 6/09/16 Jake Gatewood

6. 6/26/16 Cory Chisel

7. 6/30/16 Khris Davis

8. 7/24/16 Orlando Arcia

9. 8/05/16 David Ortiz 500th Home Run

10. 8/22/16 Monte Harrison

11. 9/01/16 Fan's Choice

*I wonder if they will substitute another option for the Jason Rogers??? Odds are, it might even be in production already since it is an early in the season game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I really like #1, 5, 8, and 10.

I really hate #4 and 9. Don't get me started on another Hank the Dog bobblehead. Ugh. Another Timber Rattlers David Ortiz is just plain over kill at this point. Never was Brewer property, and it feels like they are reaching to do another one of him. This is his 4th as a T-Rat. Boooo.

Erickson in his high school uniform since he is local is kind of neat.

Cory Chisel won't mean much to most people outside of the Fox Valley, but the guy is responsible for the Mile of Music in Appleton every summer, and it's a great time, so I'm ok with this one.

Not sure we need yet another Khris Davis, but he is wearing the Military salute uniform, so that is kind of cool. Still, his 3rd bobble as a T-Rat...

I really hope they have some good options for the Fan's choice. I would like to see them do a full sized Victor Roache since he tied the T-Rats Home Run record, and both guys he is tied with have their own bobbles already so it only seems right. (Coulter and Davis)

My number one choice for a bobble this season would to have had a Home Run Record Triple bobble of Davis, Coulter and Roache. That would have been absolutely awesome!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the list. I think the Timber Rattlers do a nice job of mixing current prospects, current Brewers, bobbles of local interest, and kid-friendly bobbles. It'd be impossible to select 10 bobbleheads to suit every fan. I haven't renewed my 10-game bobblehead ticket package yet, but will likely do so before the end of the year. I have a $60 credit on my account from last season, so the out of pocket costs will be less than $100. I simply punted on the bobbleheads that I didn't like. If you email your ticket rep 24 hours prior to the game, he or she will credit your account for the value of the unused seats (dollar for dollar). I'm also curious if they'll substitute for Jason Rogers. The news of his trade to Pittsburgh came within 1-2 days of the bobblehead schedule release. My gut says that they will not substitute due to the early date (4/30). I bet the wheels are already in motion and it'd be difficult or cost-prohibitive to turn back now.

Here's how I'd rank them in terms of personal interest:

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

- Matt Erickson *

- Hank & Fang *

- Jake Gatewood

- Orlando Arcia *

- Monte Harrison

I gather that the Fan's Choice poll from last season had a positive response rate because Arcia, Gatewood, and Harrison all wound up with bobbleheads anyway. Some folks will cringe at my choice of another BobbleHank, but this is the only game all season where my wife will insist on attending. My one complaint here is that a cute little dog will be sharing a bobble with a big snake ... I'll bet that one receives mostly mixed reviews. As a bonus, 3 of my Top 5 games will likely fall on an Autograph Sunday (*).

Take Me Out to the Ballgame ... Maybe

- Jason Rogers

- Khris Davis

- David Ortiz

If I have nothing else going on and the weather is nice, sure ... why not?

No Thanks

- Fang & Whiffer

- Corey Chisel *

While I like Bernie Brewer, Hank the Dog, and the Racing Sausages, I've never quite warmed up to Fang and Whiffer. I can't completely rule out that game because by April 9, I'll probably be starved for live baseball. It's also the "free game" in the 10-pack (actually 11), so it can't be exchanged like the others. I'm a Green Bay native and drive down to Appleton for each game, so the Corey Chisel bobblehead isn't enticing like some of the others.

Per Facebook, the T-Rats are still giving away the Jason Rogers bobblehead.

Yup, I saw that... Jason thought he wouldn't get one since he got traded... lol

Thanks for contributing nodakfan17! I miss the days when this board was hoping with activity.

:(

My pleasure, Turbo. I'm looking forward to chatting more about the Timber Rattlers with you in the Spring.

I think I checked this message board twice per day from 2007 - 2010 and then less frequently through 2011 season. On one particularly cold night last January, I visited the Timber Rattlers' website on a whim and decided to order the Bobblehead 10-pack. I was putting in a lot of hours on a project that wrapped up at the end of March and it seemed like a good way to help me get through the winter. When I visited Brewer Fan last Spring, I too noticed that the traffic had slowed down since I had last posted regularly. Still, there are lots of good folks around this board. Plus, last season was great. I was less concerned about wins and losses and more concerned about fresh air and hot dogs. I also enjoyed following the prospects that made their way through Appleton. It will be fun to cheer on a new bunch come April.

• 1 month later...
I never attended any of the games with a bobble, since it is limited to the first 1,000 how early to you generally have to get there in order to get one? It seems like attendance is usually in the 5000 - 7000 range.

It really depends on a number of factors, Outlander. Weekend games tend to draw the 5,000 + crowds that you mentioned, but weekday attendance is probably in the 2000-3000 range. Plus, aside from the opening weekend, crowds are definitely thinner in April and May before the weather gets nice and school lets out. I've arrived to bobblehead games 30 minutes early and still received one. I'd hate to steer you wrong , but I think you could arrive to any game 60 minutes early and still receive one (regardless of crowd size).

Typically, if you get there an hour before game time, you should be ok. In April and May, you can probably get there a little later, and sometimes in the hotter months of June and July, you might have to plan an hour and a half, depending on what bobble is being given out and if it is a weekend game.

It's all a crapshoot really...

I'd guess the Fang and Hank dual will draw a lot of people this year...

Not a Bobblehead night but is anyone planning on attending can coozy night on August 4? A buddy and I sort of collect them but neither of us can make it that night.

If anyone is going and would like to sell the coozie please let me know. Looking for 2.

• 1 month later...
Fang Whiffer Dual this Saturday, assuming they play... Gonna be a rough weekend to play baseball...

The Fang / Whiffer Bobblehead giveaway that was scheduled for yesterday was postponed to next Saturday, April 16th.

That was for everyone's benefit ... I'm sure you knew that already, Turbo. :)

Archived