Brewer Fanatic

Brewers trade Jason Rogers to Pirates for more than you'd expect: CF Keon Broxton & RHP Trey Supak; scouting notes in thread [Latest: Rogers called up, post 243]

markedman5

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 2nd and 3rd rounder for Rogers. Nice. Seems like a better return than Lind. Who would have thought.

I can't say if it's a better return, but it's a more tangible return. :)

It's interesting watching these trades shake out. I would have thought that Rodriguez would have brought back more, Ramírez would have brought back less, and with Lind, who knows.

This one looks good to me, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am more than a little stunned that the Brewers were able to get both of those guys for Rogers.

Yeah, like I was surprised at what we got in return for Ramírez. The common thread is the Pirates.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

So who plays 1B in 2016? Clark?

We both know it's going to be Alvarez. :laughing

I think it is Alvarez but now who do you platoon with Alvarez?

This was a nice trade for the Brewers and I am shocked at the return they got with this trade. The bigger question now is does this mean Santana is going to be at 1B or do they go with a platoon at 1B?

The Brewers still have a lot of time and options in the market for filling first base. I don't think moving Santana or Braun is in the cards right now.

My guess is Nava (switch hitter with some positional versatility, kind of a theme) and some RHB of the same ilk (Steve Pearce?).

Nava is now an Angel.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Trey Supak is an intriguing pick-up with a 6-5 frame. A 2014 2nd round pick who signed for overslot at $1 million. Per MLB.com he was the Pirates #15 overall prospect.

From a Sept. 23, 2015 Baseball America chat:

Mike (Tampa, FL): Who are you higher on between Bristol pitchers Trey Supak and Mitch Keller? Projections on both?

Hudson Belinsky: Supak’s overall stuff puts him ahead, IMHO. Power breaking ball and really learning how to pitch off of his fastball this summer. Keller had issues with consistency (which are to be expected at his age) but has promise as well. Both have the stuff to be big league rotation guys, and 2016 will be a very telling year for each of them as they attempt to refine their consistency.

And from an October 2016 Bucs fan blog prospect list:

2016 Emerging Prospect

Trey Supak (RHP)

Taken in the supplemental second round of the 2014 draft, Supak is the definition of raw projection. At 6-foot-5 and 210 pounds, he’s still growing into his body and learning how to pitch. His fastball sits 93 to 95 MPH and he’s learning how to spin a curve ball. He has swing and miss potential and good control, but he’s catching way too much of the plate, resulting in too many hits. The potential is clearly there and the Pirates should start to the take the training wheels off in 2016 and start him in full season ball.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Will Middlebrooks at 1B this season? Cecchini? Or more than likely not on the roster yet.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived