Trade with Tampa Bay Rays

pacopete4

Could they be a match with us?

Rays Get:

C-Lucroy

LF- Davis

RP- Smith

Brewers Get:

SP- Blake Snell (#2 Rays prospect): Top end of the rotation pitcher. Ready later this year or next.

SS- Adrian Rondon (#7 Rays prospect) Young. Really young international signing. ETA 2019

1B- Casey Gillaspie (#10 Rays prospect) Another possible impact bat at a position of need. ETA 2017

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I know not many jumped on board with a trade with the Rays but I still think they could be a quality match for what the Brewers can provide to the Rays. Not a huge payroll down there and we have a couple of guys that can help them improve but not break the bank.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think it's a really fair trade and makes a lot of sense, but it's just not how the Rays operate. They'll trade one of their current starters and slide Snell in that spot.

And that is why I made my foolish proposal. It's not how Tampa operates. And that proposal would be the only way I see them change their decision making.

Could they be a match with us?

Rays Get:

C-Lucroy

LF- Davis

RP- Smith

Brewers Get:

SP- Blake Snell (#2 Rays prospect): Top end of the rotation pitcher. Ready later this year or next.

SS- Adrian Rondon (#7 Rays prospect) Young. Really young international signing. ETA 2019

1B- Casey Gillaspie (#10 Rays prospect) Another possible impact bat at a position of need. ETA 2017

That would be an awful deal for the Brewers...awful. Lucroy is worth that package by himself, I have heard many think Smith has the value to bring back a Top 40 prospect, and Davis with his controllability is likely worth at least a Top 100 prospect.

Archived