Brewer Fanatic

Trade with Dodgers

billymac

Andrew Friedman struck out big in the FA market this offseason so far and the fan base is all over him for it. When asked yesterday if he's ok with trading some of his younger arms, he said he was. He can make a big splash by getting 2 good bats and a defensive SS. Their system is loaded.

Dodgers get:

Braun

Lucroy

Segura

(if we have to throw in an arm, I'd be fine with it)

Brewers get:

Corey Seager(3B of future)

Julio Urias(Possible Future Ace)

Jose DeLeon or Frankie Montas(Possible Future Aces)

Austin Barnes(Catcher of future)

Andre Eithier

Brewers shed Braun's Salary and 3 guys that are not in our future plans for 4 possible future studs

Opens up an OF spot for Santana

Braun goes home to California and to a winning team

Either can platoon for 2 years, he's signed through 2017

Dodgers can use Segura as SS in place of Seager

Andrew Friedman struck out big in the FA market this offseason so far and the fan base is all over him for it. When asked yesterday if he's ok with trading some of his younger arms, he said he was. He can make a big splash by getting 2 good bats and a defensive SS. Their system is loaded.

Dodgers get:

Braun

Lucroy

Segura

Brewers get:

Andre Eithier

Brewers shed Braun's Salary and 3 guys that are not in our future plans for 4 possible future studs

Opens up an OF spot for Santana

Braun goes home to California and to a winning team

Either can platoon for 2 years, he's signed through 2017

Dodgers can use Segura as SS in place of Seager

Put in Arcia instead of Segura (or maybe both) and you might have a shot. Maybe...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Add maybe Nelson or Peralta, IDK... just too many moving pieces here
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just about zero chance that Dodgers are trading either Seager or Urias.

For a package headlined by Lucroy but including Braun, who nobody wants to touch....less than zero chance.

Wishful thinking though.

meh, I don't know about that when speaking about Braun. Luc and Braun would give them the offensive punch they need. Arica would be their SS of the future (maybe present), and if you had a pitcher to give them that can be a #3ish who is young and controllable... you may have a shot at Urias and Seager

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dodgers get:

Braun

Lucroy

Segura

Brewers get:

Andre Eithier

Dave Stewart isn't running the Dodgers.

No team coughs up two of the top five prospects in baseball (plus other stuff) for Braun and Luc.

I don't think you're getting Seager (ranked #2 in MLB) or Urias (ranked #4 in MLB) in any deal that we could offer. For perspective, for Gomez + Fiers, the only top 100 player we got back was Phillips (#32).

Using a very unknowledgeable and basic look at their farm system using MLB Pipeline, for Lucroy, you might be able to snag De Leon (#23) and Barnes (>#100). And if you take on Ethier's contract to cancel out half of Braun's salary, you could probably get another top 50-100 guy like RHP Montas (#54) and/or RHP Holmes (#58) along with a couple non top-100 guys. Maybe the combo of Lucroy/Braun gets you all 3 of those pitchers. But I don't think they have a need for Segura assuming they keep Seager.

But, if they want Lucroy and Braun for three MLB top-60 pitchers, a handful of organizational top-20 guys, including a major league ready catcher, and Ethier (maybe we can flip him as well since he just seems like another clog for younger guys, although with his hefty contract, maybe he just makes a Davis trade more feasible instead) I spose you could do worse.

Edit: Actually I forgot Ethier can actually fill in at center, so that's a possibility as well.

meh, I don't know about that when speaking about Braun. Luc and Braun would give them the offensive punch they need. Arica would be their SS of the future (maybe present), and if you had a pitcher to give them that can be a #3ish who is young and controllable... you may have a shot at Urias and Seager

Seager is a better hitter than Arcia right now and is already in the MLB as a shortstop. Ethier in a platoon (factor in stadium factor for current stats) is as good or better than Braun at this point. Grandal platoon is just as good as Lucroy can be expected to be at this point.

Seager -> Arcia = Downgrade for Dodgers

Ethier -> Braun = Even

Grandal -> Luc = Moderate advantage to Luc, but not that big of one given injury concerns.

They're then throwing extra players in to get this done and they've already lost.

Yeah, if they're willing to dole out those prospects, they're much better off offering a package to the Marlins to get Fernandez than to get an arguably marginal upgrade at catcher and outfield from the Brewers.

Yeah, this is probably the statement that cements it. We just do not have the pitcher needed in order to do this trade.

Yeah, if they're willing to dole out those prospects, they're much better off offering a package to the Marlins to get Fernandez than to get an arguably marginal upgrade at catcher and outfield from the Brewers.

Yeah, this is probably the statement that cements it. We just do not have the pitcher needed in order to do this trade.

We need a lot more than another pitcher, unless he is a legitimate stud. You're undervaluing Seager/Urias quite a bit. Seager is probably a Tulowitzki-level prospect that won't get to play in Coors Field.

Not much of a point of arguing it, though, as we all agree this is unreasonable.

You're undervaluing Seager/Urias quite a bit.

Yeah, I probably am.

The Dodgers could probably just go forward and play Seager and Urias and those are their "free agent" pickups this offseason. Might have some growing pains but they could also just take the league by storm and the Dodgers save themselves some money for other areas.

All this conversation and no one has mentioned the fact the Dodgers already have an All Star catcher on their roster.

I mentioned Grandal twice.

Then why on earth is this conversation still going on? Some of these trade idea just flat out don't make sense from the get go.

Dodgers get:

Braun

Lucroy

Segura

Brewers get:

Andre Eithier

No team coughs up two of the top five prospects in baseball (plus other stuff) for Braun and Luc.

The bold comment did not go unnoticed. Well done.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dodgers get:

Braun

Lucroy

Segura

Brewers get:

Andre Eithier

The bold comment did not go unnoticed. Well done.

Gracias.

Dodgers get:

Braun

Lucroy

Segura

Brewers get:

Andre Eithier

If the Dodgers were not willing to give up Seager and Urias for Jose Fernandez why would they give them up plus others for Braun, Lucroy, and Segura? It just doesn't make any sense at all.

Sorry for being so stupid guys and wasting everyone's time. I'll take my posts to a different forum where they aren't as smart as everyone here.

Don't take it personal man or you won't enjoy this board. It might've been a bad example of a trade but don't let that get in the way of posting more.

Sorry for being so stupid guys and wasting everyone's time. I'll take my posts to a different forum where they aren't as smart as everyone here.

Don't take it personal man or you won't enjoy this board. It might've been a bad example of a trade but don't let that get in the way of posting more.

I agree with Brew4U, we all come up with trade scenarios from time to time which now one else likes but we are all still entitled to our own opinions. Nothing wrong with throwing your opinion out there. I don't think anyone was trying to belittle you our throw you under the bus. Besides its always nice to have new posters who can offer different perspectives.

My experience is that the forum is not TOO open to new posters with different perspectives.

Well than I can only speak for myself when I say I welcome new ideas and appreciate people who attempt to think outside the box to find opportunities or solutions to better our team.

Archived