Brewer Fanatic

Guess Miller Park's 2016 attendance [Latest: final attendance is 2,314,614]

CheezWizHed
Attendance numbers are only important for attracting and charging sponsors so it's not surprise they're grossly inflated.

Grossly inflated, indeed. I'm not greatly upset about it; it probably happens everywhere, sure. But when I hear gushing over how great the crowds have been at Miller Park this year- and I have been to several this year- the truth is that the numbers have much lower than announced..... this year especially.

It's every single year they've started out bad. People just don't show up for late August and September weeknight games. This year is no different then 2010 or last year.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, I'd be more concerned personally about the tiny handful of empty seats at Packers games. Maybe I would have liked to have one of those tickets.

If the intent is to report "tickets sold," then I think the likelihood is that they were sold. The team doesn't have a lot of control over who shows up or if some of these tickets even reach the hands of customers. I don't see this changing unless people complain that they can't get tickets despite the fact that there are empty seats in the house.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I usually make it to between 3 and 5 games a year. This year I made one in July and that was it. Bought the tickets on stubhub at a discount for a weekend game. I'm betting the day of game walk up sales were close to non-existent.

When the GM defends trading a 40 HR, 100 RBI bat for one questionable prospect and one non-prospect by saying "If we were trying to win this year, we wouldn't have traded Davis", why should I pay to see them? The management is trying to lose as many as possible and they are still trying to lose by shutting down their two best pitchers in the final weeks. Still they are less than a dozen games out of the wild card, a testament to Counsell and the players they did put on the field. So kudos to them.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I usually make it to between 3 and 5 games a year. This year I made one in July and that was it. Bought the tickets on stubhub at a discount for a weekend game. I'm betting the day of game walk up sales were close to non-existent.

When the GM defends trading a 40 HR, 100 RBI bat for one questionable prospect and one non-prospect by saying "If we were trying to win this year, we wouldn't have traded Davis", why should I pay to see them? The management is trying to lose as many as possible and they are still trying to lose by shutting down their two best pitchers in the final weeks. Still they are less than a dozen games out of the wild card, a testament to Counsell and the players they did put on the field. So kudos to them.

You've made your point (several dozen times). You are upset they traded Davis. Time to move on.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That could be viewed in a negative light though. A fan base can be proud to say 2.3 millions fans have come to see the Brewers play since 2006. It doesn't sound as good to say something along the lines of we collected $70,000,000 in revenue from the fans this year. Especially if the payroll is low.

Archived