Brewer Fanatic

Jeff Francis retires

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Not that anyone really cares, but pitcher Jeff Francis retired.

The interest in Francis is that he was a big, hard throwing lefthander - something teams are always looking for. This allowed him to play parts of 11 seasons in the majors, and earn roughly $17.5M. During that time, he threw 1291 innings and had an ERA of 4.97.

The lesson - if your child is lefthanded and can throw hard, encourage them to be a pitcher. Even if they stink, they can have a pretty long and lucrative career.

Also, don't pitch in Colorado.

I'm so sad that despite the left handedness of both my wife and I, both of our kids are righties. I was a lefty pitcher. I had such dreams for my son.

I think I can speak for the entire BF.net community when I say that we're all extremely disappointed in both you & your wife. Get it together, man!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

reillymcshane, I think you meant that in blue. He was a pretty solid pitcher in his career. Maybe slightly below league average overall, but he had a really nice run until arm surgery interrupted his development. He also came into the league and in a more offensive era, with Colorado no less.

Archived