Brewer Fanatic

Braun

The White Sox are another team that's looking at OF. They've soured on Avisail Garcia who's given them replacement level performance and are kicking tires on Cespedes and Upton. But they just unloaded 3 of their better young prospects to get Frazier, and they don't have a deep system to begin with. You are probably looking at Garcia and a low level arm as a return. Spencer Adams, Jordan Guerrero and Brian Clark are decent arms in their system. Guerrero and Clark are lefties and they are pretty set with lefties at major league level, so they might well be expendable.

I wouldn't want Garcia in return for Braun. Carson Fulmer is my starting point in any trade for Braun with the White Sox.

I wouldn't want him either, just being real about what they'd offer as evidence of Braun's actual value. Fulmer's as close to untouchable as anyone. No way Braun would get him.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Royals seem like a good fit for Braun and Gennett. Dyson is out with an oblique strain and Infante has been a disappointment. They have a good group of arms in their mlb top 10 prospect list and a few interesting players farther down. Ideally the Brewers could send some money or they could take back Infante and his contract. I'd like to see 2 of their pitchers in the top 10, 1 toward the top and 1 toward the bottom, and a lower prospect, but that might be too much. I'd be happy with Russell/Almonte/Watson, Chase Vallot/Seuly Matias and Yunior Marte. Hunter Dozier and Bubba Starling are 2 guys whose shine has worn since they've been drafted as well. Its doubtful they'd move Matias since they just signed him last summer. This doesn't seem like something the Royals would do though, they seem to be pretty risk averse. And this would probably needed to be done before the spring.

The Royals seem like a good fit for Braun and Gennett.

The Royals are set to go with Christian Colon at 2B, one of the reasons they were OK with not trying to sign Zobrist. Colon profiles as likely better than Gennett.

I don't see the Royals taking on Braun's contract, either, they just spent money extending Gordon and Perez, and have other players that will soon be free agents.

Meanwhile, Scooter isn't going anywhere until teams are certain about his health

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Seems to me everyone knows Braun is available, just wait for teams to start calling with serious offers. I don't think the Brewers should spend anymore time shopping him, it just weakens their negotiating position. Much like Lucroy, Garza, Scooter, Peralta, etc. all these guys will have value if they play well. The big money teams would love to have a healthy .870 OPS Braun, and his contract is very reasonable for a player like that.

That's what this season is all about. Hope the vets play well so you get a maximum return at the trade deadline, and get s sense of which young players will fit into future plans.

Archived