Brewer Fanatic

Cueto 6years / $130 mil to Giants

pacopete4

I think this puts them right up there with the mets as far as pitching goes. Bumgarner Cueto Jeff S Peavy Cain Heston, thats dang good. I actually love it for San Fran with the opt out. chances are hell get a big contract after that and not be worth it so they'll get two years to use and then let someone else overpay for him. Looks like Brewers get Bum, Cueto and Jeff S to start the year, hope our new bats are ready for some tests.

Probably a good signing. Cueto is somewhat inconsistent and has had a few injury concerns so the contract has a little more inherent risk than many of it's type. He should pitch well in that stadium and in that division. The money the Giants put into Cueto & Samardzija could have just been spent on Greinke, which I think would've been a smarter move.

Meanwhile, it sure has been a strange offseason for the Dodgers. I imagine they'll try to trade for starting pitching now?

Corey Seager for Wily Peralta & Jimmy Nelson!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Maybe the Dodgers should trade Kershaw and look to compete in 2017 - 2018. There division is just too good to compete now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This has got to feel like an absolute steal to the Giants. Since they were willing to pay Lincecum 17mil a year for 2years. I don't know why Cueto failed in the AL but when he's on he's up there as THE Best. Bumgarner needs to step up his game if he's going to keep up with Cueto.

Doesn't change the fact, Giants offense appears to blow on paper. Which I think will hold them back. The Dodgers underachieved each of last 2 seasons to make the Giants feel like they were in it.

And I'll take the Mets Rotation over the Giants. 2Aces now for Giants. 3-4 for Mets.

Cueto pairing with Bochey, Righetti, and Posey will have a huge impact on him this season. Not only that but playing in AT&T for half his games along with visiting SD and LAD often will also help. This was a good signing for them. I thought the pay would've been greater actually.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived