Brewer Fanatic

Trade with the Twins

Cool that someone is putting this much thought into random trade proposals like the MLB is a fantasy league. lol

Interesting offer but I think I'd pass if I were the Brew Crew.

Gonsalves if he reaches his potential, could be as good as Peralta, but Wily is the best player/most valuable player in this deal.

In my mind Peralta has as much upside/value as Shelby Miller and the Dbacks gave up the farm for that guy.

I think we could get more for Peralta if we put him on the market.

Rogers is an interesting prospect to add in with Gonsalves but he's not a difference maker.

Taylor is overrated a bit and Palka is underrated a bit, so those two would be a wash in my mind. Palka reminds me of a AAAA type player though, similar to former Twins prospect Chris Parmalee. You have to take Palka's great 2015 stats with a grain of salt because it was done in the CAL league. Personally, Id prefer Twins Adam Brett Walker (from Milwaukee, BTW) as a prospect instead.

And I'd want to swap out Gonsalves for Kohl Stewart if possible, as he has the higher upside.

Here's my counter prosposal:

Twins get:

RHP Wily Peralta

OF Tyrone Taylor

Brewers get:

RHP Kohl Stewart

OF/1B Adam Brett Walker

LHP Taylor Rogers

Thoughts?

Twins get:

RHP Wily Peralta

OF Tyrone Taylor

Brewers get:

RHP Kohl Stewart

OF/1B Adam Brett Walker

LHP Taylor Rogers

Thoughts?

RHP Kohl Stewart - the main piece of the trade and looks to be a good one, like this

OF/1B Adam Brett Walker- Milwaukee born, I like. Don't like that he's another RH batter. Oh, and I didn't see where he has ever played 1B?

LHP Taylor Rogers- interesting lefty, seems to get a lot of groundouts which is nice

I think this is a solid deal. It would be interesting to see what both sides would say about something like this.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Adam Brett Walker was drafted as a 1B prospect and Twins switched him to OF.

http://www.crawfishboxes.com/2012/5/30/3051863/2012-mlb-draft-profile-adam-brett-walker-of-1b-jacksonville-st

He was tied for 2nd place in the Arizona Fall League this fall with 5 home runs this Fall. He has 30+ homerun MLB power but also Ks at a alarming rate. (think Gorman Thomas, Rob Deer).

I agree that it's nice that Palka bats LH, but I think Walker has more upside as a middle of the order hitter. The future Brewers will have a couple of LH bats at least (Phillips, Clark) so I'm not as worried about a balanced lineup right now as a rebuilding team.

Kennys Vargas is a switch hitting 1B/DH who is about 2 years further along in his development than Walker. I would value him similar to Walker but I think if Vargas doesn't cut it a 1B, he's a DH because he's not athletic enough for the OF. He is a better fit for a AL team, IMHO. I do consider him a good "buy low" candidate at this time who could benefit from a change of scenery.

Kennys Vargas is a RH hitting 1B/DH.

FWIW, Vargas is a switch hitter.

Power hitters can develop later on, but so far he looks like a guy that isn't going to carry that bat offenses fear for somebody that is going to provide absolutely nothing else to a team. Still time for him to take that next step offensively. Probably better suited for the AL anyways.

Adam Brett Walker probably had the most power in AA, but he's going to have a .275 OBP in the majors. I got to watch him play last year and the power was ridiculous---but so is Chris Carter's. They have a similar profile, but while neither has a great hit tool, I think Carter sees the ball better.

Archived