Brewer Fanatic

Garin Cecchini to Brewers for Cash Considerations

billymac

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, there is only one R in his first name I believe.

Secondly, it is another guy that can play 1B, 3B, and some LF. Versatility. Hopefully he finds his stroke and gets on base.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Love the move (Been proposing trading for Cecchini for the last year +).

Hoping he can regain the stroke he showed a couple of years ago.

Know his defense at 3rd has been questioned; do people see him as a 3rd base possibility or more of a 1st base possibility?

Know his defense at 3rd has been questioned; do people see him as a 3rd base possibility or more of a 1st base possibility?

I see him as an option at 3B depending on his defense. Otherwise, he could be an option at 1B as a platoon mate with Rogers or a solid bench player who can fill in at 4 positions. Any way you look at it the Brewers got a cheap roster option for virtually nothing.

hard to think that they would bring in a guy like Alverez which is not an on base / scrappy / young player after the moves today.

Or it makes it easier to have a guy like Alvarez in your lineup with so many OBP guys surrounding him and maximizing his RBI production when he does blast one.

This is also a great way to use excess cash, granted they're probably not sending the Red Sox a ton of money.

Plus seeing the many and various ways his name will be spelling-butchered is bound to be entertaining.

pron: tchekkiney, or something in the neighborhood.

:)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This is also a great way to use excess cash, granted they're probably not sending the Red Sox a ton of money.

Plus seeing the many and various ways his name will be spelling-butchered is bound to be entertaining.

pron: tchekkiney, or something in the neighborhood.

:)

Gratzie!

I wouldn't close any doors (re: comment about Alvarez a few pages back). The Rays trotted out Carlos Pena forever when they had a lot of OBP guys.

At this point, team cohesion isn't a huge deal yet. You want a bit of an identity to form, but for the next 2 years, I'm more concerned with throwing as many darts and seeing what sticks. If Alvarez blossoms, you can either trade him for someone you like, or you just deal with the fact that you got a stud for peanuts and he doesn't fit your exact mold.

In 2018 I may start to get concerned about the "type" of guy we bring in to supplement the roster.

Archived