Brewer Fanatic

Looks like we will be in a rebuilding phase for a few years!!

jfitz44
In the last year, we have lost our starting 1st baseman, third baseman, left fielder, center fielder, closer, at least two starting pitchers. I'm sure we will not fill many of these positions with free agents, so it just looks to me like we will be in for a few lean years!!!

When (if) Lucroy is traded, we will all really know the direction of this franchise. Until then, this was a trade to move a piece who had no shot of being resigned. Granted we took on really young pitching "prospects" but that could just be a sign of what was truly offered for a guy like Lind.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

In the last year, we have lost our starting 1st baseman, third baseman, left fielder, center fielder, closer, at least two starting pitchers. I'm sure we will not fill many of these positions with free agents, so it just looks to me like we will be in for a few lean years!!!

Yes, and sadly it was needed. The Herb Kohl approach of going for 85 wins year after year wasnt working. We needed an overahaul.

My opinion is the Lind trade was really really bad, but thats just me. We wont replace his bat for 2016, but I dont think it matters because the team was going to lose 95+ games regardless.

The farm system however looks like it will be top ten after the draft/Luc trade and guys like Phillips and Arcia look like possible All Stars. Santana and the two Astros pitchers look to be solid and possible plus players.

If DS can turn Luc into a Shelby Miller lite move, this will be a very exciting farm system and the MLB roster will look excellent by 2017/18.

Hey, up to mid-August 2014, people were having a lot of fun.

The team opened with a playoff capable team until 2015, can't really complain about the direction they went. Maybe in 2014 they could have traded away assets but the season just didn't go a direction that made sense for that with the hot start and then fading late with all the nagging injuries the team had.

Add the fact that there is a good chance we draft and try our best to keep 1-2 Rule 5 picks this season.

Overall, I could care less if we win 50 or 100 this year. My enjoyment personally will come from the minor league side and tracking our system. I will still go to games because I love to watch baseball and it is something fun to do with my friends & family. I will still flip on the game when I have some down time and try to watch an inning or two. I will still look at the box score every night. Winning right now isn't a big deal to me at all right now.

It feels like the mid 2000's to me. Major team was blah and didn't win much but no one cared because 1)we had been losers for 20 year 2) most important we had game changers who we felt would lead this team back to contention. The excitement when JJ, Hart, Weeks, Prince, Braun, Yo all started coming up. We weren't too mad that we didn't take the league by storm. We played better and grew each season back to contention.

Biggest difference now is that we as fans care too much about winning & are in such a hurry to do so. It is a process. Next, our waves isn't as big right now. I personally feel our A ball group is the biggest wave and will continue to grow through trades in the future. We are in good shape to get back to winning with the likes of Arcia, Santana, Phillips, Lopez, Hader, Taylor, Coulter but we need more pieces in that group. Lucroy would be the answer to that. You add Gallo and one MLB impact prospect or even solid every day guy....we are in good shape

Overall embrace it, enjoy watching our system become a power house like Rangers and Houston, and hopefully get the minor league forum popping again like it use to in 2002-2006.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Overall embrace it, enjoy watching our system become a power house like Rangers and Houston, and hopefully get the minor league forum popping again like it use to in 2002-2006.

This. Living in Houston, there is a ton of excitement, as there should be. I look forward to Milwaukee experiencing that in 2-3 years.

Archived