Brewer Fanatic

Shelby Miller to the Arizona Diamondbacks

Lee16
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I didn't realize this, but Inciarte had a higher WAR than Miller last year. And in 2014.

Inciarte gets a ton of his value in his defense, which is Gold Glove level. He actually looks like a younger Gerardo Parra - good defense, hits lefties really well - struggles against righties. It seems like Arizona should have unloaded Yasmany Tomas instead.

Dbacks get Miller for three years.

Braves get Inciarte for five years. Plus a Top 100 pitcher in Blair. Plus the #1 pick in the draft, who is probably in the top 20 prospects in all of baseball.

The more I look at this, the more the Braves made out like bandits. This is the kind of haul I dream about getting for Lucroy.

How the hell did Atlanta pull this off? I know the D-Backs are in win now mode, but that's an insane haul.

The more I let the reality of this trade sink in, the more I think it could end up ranked as one of the most lopsided deals in MLB history

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

When all is said and done in Arizona, the legacy of Dave Stewart as a GM will be about how he killed the future of the team. If things pan out and they become a playoff contender for the next 5 years it may be muted some, but as this team ages and gets worse, they will be devoid of assets needed to drive improvement. Frankly, in 5 years they will likely look like the 2015 Brewers.

Of course, if they win a WS in that time Stewart will be hailed as a genius.

Swanson and Blair should have been enough to complete a trade for Miller. Incierte is the complete overpay. How does a team trade away their #1 draft choice the same year they made it? For Shelby Miller. Who imo is a better command Wily Peralta only. What a mistake on a pitcher that to me has more chance to be just a #3 vs the #2 he was in Atlanta. A split of 2.43 in Atl and 3.67 away. Yeah Not what I'd want to acquire. for Swanson. or Blair.

Archived