Brewer Fanatic

Lackey to the Cubs 2 years, $32-34 Million

bill hAll Star
Cubs are getting carried away with themselves just having signed Cahill who they picked up off the scrap heap last year for $4.25 million based on 17 measly innings where he was decent in Chicago.

That's peanuts for the Cubs. If he sucks, they just take the hit and release him without thinking twice.

If St Louis has an aging veteran pitcher who becomes a free agent and they are not going after him, other teams should run away.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Cubs are getting carried away with themselves just having signed Cahill who they picked up off the scrap heap last year for $4.25 million based on 17 measly innings where he was decent in Chicago.

That's peanuts for the Cubs. If he sucks, they just take the hit and release him without thinking twice.

i have little doubt that is how they view it as well. That kind of thinking is what I was referring to when I said they will go the same route as all big market teams do. It doesn't seem to make sense value wise but if the team has the money and is in a competitive window they almost have to go that route. Otherwise the fans get angry, start calling the team cheap etc etc. Then a few years from now all that poorly spent money comes back to haunt them.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived