Brewer Fanatic

Dylan Bundy

Attention Mr. David Sterns...

If you want to land the next Jake Arrieta, this is the guy to target.

Dylan Bundy is out of options.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2015/11/dylan-bundy-makes-second-start-in-afl.html

They are going to lose Chris Davis.

Could we entice them with an offer of Adam Lind? Or maybe our Khris Davis?

IMHO, the Brewers desperately need to add a SP to the system with ACE potential and Bundy could be that guy.

Thoughts?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be supportive of Lind for Bundy, but not Davis.

Why would you be opposed to dealing a replacement level OF in Khris Davis for a potential top of the rotation arm in Dylan Bundy? Just curious what you see in Khris Davis, I guess.

I like Khris as much as the next guy but I'd give him up in a heartbeat for the gamble of Bundy reaching his potential.

+1

I am down to trade away every asset we have for as many high ceiling prospects we can get and see who pans out over the next 3-4 years.

I feel confident that Stearns and his crew have scouted out multiple other elite pitching options who are "ace potential" but do not have as much injury concern as Bundy.

These types of prospects usually cost you a player like Lucroy or another top 20 prospect like Arcia. Bundy is more affordable because of his injury concerns.

I feel confident that Stearns and his crew have scouted out multiple other elite pitching options who are "ace potential" but do not have as much injury concern as Bundy.

These types of prospects usually cost you a player like Lucroy or another top 20 prospect like Arcia. Bundy is more affordable because of his injury concerns.

Like his injury concerns don't matter? He's logged a grand total of 63 innings since 2012. He can't have a lot of option years left either so it's not like you can park him in the minors for a few years as he rebuilds his arm. Pass.

Why doesn't Baltimore just pitch him if he's going to be sooooo good and he's healthy?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Why doesn't Baltimore just pitch him if he's going to be sooooo good and he's healthy?

Tough to bank on a injury prone starter to be a fixture in your rotation when you are a legit playoff contender where your margin for error is minimal.

It is an interesting idea, but Khris Davis straight up is an overpay. Yes Bundy has some high potential we all know that...but there are serious injury concerns and he has no options left. His lack of options isn't a big deal to the Brewers, but it is for the Orioles. Since he can't be removed from their 25 man roster they almost have to burn a roster spot just to hold onto him. Not something a legit playoff contender would want to do. They don't have a lot of leverage in trade talks with that kind of situation.

Davis for Bundy is a nice start though.

It is an interesting idea, but Khris Davis straight up is an overpay. Yes Bundy has some high potential we all know that...but there are serious injury concerns and he has no options left. His lack of options isn't a big deal to the Brewers, but it is for the Orioles. Since he can't be removed from their 25 man roster they almost have to burn a roster spot just to hold onto him. Not something a legit playoff contender would want to do. They don't have a lot of leverage in trade talks with that kind of situation.

Do you seriously think Khris Davis for Dylan Bundy is an OVERPAY? Didn't realize anyone was actually drinking the rare Khris Davis kool aid. lol

I would compare this to evaluating the Orioles system 3 years ago and you'd rather have Nolan Reimold instead of Jake Arrieta.

Do you seriously think Khris Davis for Dylan Bundy is an OVERPAY? Didn't realize anyone was actually drinking the rare Khris Davis kool aid. lol

Davis, I think, is emerging as a 3TO-type of player. His OBP skills improved markedly this past year. In 109 fewer plate appearances, he drew 12 more walks, and hit five more homers. Davis looks legit, and he's cheap. I'm not opposed to dealing him, but I'd need to be blown away by the offer before I break up a 2016 Opening Day OF of Davis in left, Santana in center, and Braun in right.

Davis, I think, is emerging as a 3TO-type of player. His OBP skills improved markedly this past year. In 109 fewer plate appearances, he drew 12 more walks, and hit five more homers. Davis looks legit, and he's cheap. I'm not opposed to dealing him, but I'd need to be blown away by the offer before I break up a 2016 Opening Day OF of Davis in left, Santana in center, and Braun in right.

"Break up our 2016 Opening Day OF"???? lol You're acting like it's a great starting OF on a contending team. They are not even a great starting OF for the future of the Brewers. Santana is not a CF and has too many holes in his swing to be counting on as a future OF centerpiece. Braun immovable contract is the only thing keeping him part of the Brewers future. Davis is a replacement level player.

We should look to trade all 3 players if possible, if I'm a rebuilding GM.

Yes, Davis for Bundy straight up is an overpay. You may not believe it but it is the reality of the situation, Bundy is damaged goods that can't develop in the minors anymore. He is very high risk as talented as he may be plus the Orioles don't have a whole heck of a lot of leverage. Davis is a proven right handed power hitter at this point.

Archived