Brewer Fanatic

Expansion draft game

vannzee

Hello, I like to do one of these every year as it can be a fun experiment and help pass some long winter days.

What I am looking for is a list of 15 players that the Brewers would protect in the unlikely event of an expansion. Now I know that one would not happen for this offseason, however I think for the purpose of this experiment that it would be easiest to project such a draft as happening this offseason.

There is some rules associated with such a draft. For example, players selected in the 2015 and 2014 June rookie draft do not need protecting. Free agents are not eligible for protection or selection, however, arbitration eligible players are eligible.

Also, to make it easier, please list notable players who are not protected.. This will make it easier to conduct this exercise.

Thank you and have fun.

Let me see if I get it.

Lopez

Jungmann

Davies

Peralta

Nelson

Will Smith

Jeffress

Lucroy

Braun

Khris Davis

Phillips

Arcia

Devin Williams

Coulter

Santana

Thankfully not available anyway: Lara, Medeiros, Gatewood, Harrison, Clark, Ponce, Kirby, Orimoloye,

Available. Lots of guys, some that make you cringe. Ty Taylor, Hader, Houser, Gennett, Segura, Villar, Reed, Garza, Flores

The nice thing is after you lose one guy, you can protect another three. Say, someone took Hader. I'd protect Reed, Taylor, Villar. We might then lose Gennett.

Archived