LF: Davis

3B: Seeger

2B: Gennett

Pitcher

Bench: Barnes, Flores, Herrera, Reed, Peterson, Rivera

Rotation: Jungmann, Davies, Hader, Lopez, Suter

Bullpen: Smith (CL), Jeffress, Blazek, Knebel, Pena, Thornburg

No. No. No.

What, exactly was wrong with those deals?

I leverage two pitchers who the Brewers probably won't be able to keep from free agency into some serious prospects (the 2017 infield is Seeger, Arcia, Cordell, and Fielder; Austin Barnes would take over for Lucroy at catcher), I keep Braun the HECK away from third base, the Brewers have young pitchers in the rotation, and oh, yeah, the offense gets an upgrade to back them up.

I have seen some really bad trades on here before but never two in one post!

That Dodgers trade makes no sense on the Dodgers side. Nelson is not enough to get Seager. If the Dodgers are trading Seager they are going to want Arcia, Phillips, and Lara.

The Rangers trade makes no sense on the Brewers side at all.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Deal Two

Dodgers get:

RHP Jimmy Nelson

C Martin Maldonado

SS Jean Segura

Brewers get:

SS/3B Corey Seeger

C Austin Barnes

OF/1B Cody Bellinger

Dodgers would be insane to do this. Seeger is perhaps the top prospect in the game. To give him up for a middle of the rotation starter (plus a back up catcher and a below averager shortstop) would be nuts.

But hey, we can try!

No. No. No.

What, exactly was wrong with those deals?

I leverage two pitchers who the Brewers probably won't be able to keep from free agency into some serious prospects (the 2017 infield is Seeger, Arcia, Cordell, and Fielder; Austin Barnes would take over for Lucroy at catcher), I keep Braun the HECK away from third base, the Brewers have young pitchers in the rotation, and oh, yeah, the offense gets an upgrade to back them up.

They are just too unrealistic. And why do we need to keep Braun away from 3B? It's never going to happen so why would that be even a consideration?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I have seen some really bad trades on here before but never two in one post!

That Dodgers trade makes no sense on the Dodgers side. Nelson is not enough to get Seager. If the Dodgers are trading Seager they are going to want Arcia, Phillips, and Lara.

The Rangers trade makes no sense on the Brewers side at all.

Fielder fills first base for the Brewers. Cordell becomes an option at third or second base. Trevino's a catching prospect, and Drew Robinson could be a middle infielder with a decent bat (nice bench option).

Nelson's numbers might be a little high, but the Dodgers, who had a huge payroll last season ($300 million, IIRC, and currently looks to be over $150 million in 2016, before they sign free agents, etc.), get a good pitcher under control for four years, one at pre-arby, the other three at arby-level numbers. They need some cheap options, especially in the rotation, because Greinke's a free agent, and retaining Greinke will cost the Dodgers at least $25 million per year.

Deal Two

Dodgers get:

RHP Jimmy Nelson

C Martin Maldonado

SS Jean Segura

Brewers get:

SS/3B Corey Seeger

C Austin Barnes

OF/1B Cody Bellinger

Dodgers would be insane to do this. Seeger is perhaps the top prospect in the game. To give him up for a middle of the rotation starter (plus a back up catcher and a below averager shortstop) would be nuts.

But hey, we can try!

My thinking is that L.A. may overpay for some salary relief. They not only had a $300 million payroll last year, they paid $44 million in luxury tax. They'll probably get another hit on the luxury tax in 2016.

Nelson's numbers might be a little high, but the Dodgers, who had a huge payroll last season ($300 million, IIRC, and currently looks to be over $150 million in 2016, before they sign free agents, etc.), get a good pitcher under control for four years, one at pre-arby, the other three at arby-level numbers. They need some cheap options, especially in the rotation, because Greinke's a free agent, and retaining Greinke will cost the Dodgers at least $25 million per year.

Again you don't make any sense at all. The Dodgers have Urias who is an ace type pitcher something Nelson is not he is a #1 at best and really projects to be a #2 or #3 type pitcher. The Dodgers also have De Leon who is very similar to Nelson though De Leon's stuff could translate to a true #1 type pitcher with his floor being that of a #3 type pitcher.

If the Dodgers are going to be saving money you would have to include Ethier or Crawford in the deal otherwise there is no money saving at all for the Dodgers.

Again this trade makes no sense for the Dodgers as they are not going to give up Seager for junk just to save a few million here and there. This would just be a bad trade for the Dodgers and would not benefit them now or in the future.

Those proposals would never ever happen, but i still see the Rangers as a trade partner. Their need at catcher is overblown because Chorinos is solid, but they do need help at LF and need to get more right handed iffensively. Gallo is a lefty and Beltres still there at 3B. Maybe something like:

To MIL-

Gallo

Chorinos

To TEX-

Lucroy

Davis

With some prospects added into equalize value though I think its close already

Not even sure a video game like MLB the Show would accept trades like that. The first one with Prince makes really no sense to me at all..... 1) We are about start losing a lot of games so why would you bring Prince in? 2) If I am Rangers I am not giving up Fielder for Lind and Peralta, let alone throwing in a Top 10 prospect in the system, best catching prospect in system, and still one more player. Junior is a dime a dozen waver claim, David Denson has been stuck at Wisconsin/Helena and has not taken any leap to make his value go up.

2) Unless it is Braun, Lucroy, or Arcia, Brewers have absolutely zero chance to even get Dodgers to listen to trade proposals for a kid who looks like is is going to be a star. Nelson is not a true Ace who holds that much value. If he was on the Dodgers last year, he would have been #3 or #4 at best. Not the game changer that Dodgers would need for Seager. Maladondo holds very like value, he is a defensive catcher with very questionable bat. Segura is still young, controllable, but hasn't shown with the bat in 2 1/2 seasons....I'd def stick with Seager over Segura.

You can just dump your trash off at someones door and ask for their gold.

You really want Seager or Fielder? Better be willing to pay up....

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Gallo/Luke Jackson for Davis/Peralta

You'd need another prospect in there for sure. Davis and Peralta are proven. Gallo is high reward but not guaranteed to produce like Davis already has. Luke Jackson has an arm on him however his star has been dropping and he has been in the bullpen now...Peralta had a down season however he still has more value than Jackson. I would definitely take it consider it if they could get on more lower level, high ceiling guy such as Forbes.

You'd need another prospect in there for sure. Davis and Peralta are proven. Gallo is high reward but not guaranteed to produce like Davis already has. Luke Jackson has an arm on him however his star has been dropping and he has been in the bullpen now...Peralta had a down season however he still has more value than Jackson. I would definitely take it consider it if they could get on more lower level, high ceiling guy such as Forbes.

How about this deal?

Rangers get:

RHP Wily Peralta

OF Khris Davis

1B Adam Lind

Brewers get:

1B Prince Fielder

SS/3B/OF Ryan Cordell

3B Joey Gallo

Here's my thinking:

The Brewers can end up with a 2017 infield of Gallo at third, Arcia at short, Cordell at second, and Fielder at first. Outfield of Braun, Phillips, and Santana, and then they can try to either extend Lucroy or see what it takes to pry Austin Barnes from the Dodgers (I'm thinking a package centered around Nelson).

How about this deal?

Rangers get:

RHP Wily Peralta

OF Khris Davis

1B Adam Lind

Brewers get:

1B Prince Fielder

SS/3B/OF Ryan Cordell

3B Joey Gallo

Here's my thinking:

The Brewers can end up with a 2017 infield of Gallo at third, Arcia at short, Cordell at second, and Fielder at first. Outfield of Braun, Phillips, and Santana, and then they can try to either extend Lucroy or see what it takes to pry Austin Barnes from the Dodgers (I'm thinking a package centered around Nelson).

Fielder ain't coming home.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

How about this deal?

Rangers get:

RHP Wily Peralta

OF Khris Davis

1B Adam Lind

Brewers get:

1B Prince Fielder

SS/3B/OF Ryan Cordell

3B Joey Gallo

Here's my thinking:

Never will happen.....I am completely lost as to why in world we would try to bring back Prince? All Stearns talks about is bringing talented and controllable talent (speaking about pre-6 six year free-agency, making over 20+ million a year) into the organization. Not to mention, we are not planning on competing for a championship for another 3 years at least. 2017 is not really realistic since it usually takes Arcia, Phillips, and other young guys a little bit to really be productive at this level.

As stated before... PRINCE IS NOT COMING BACK lol at least not until the end of his career, go back home type thing.

Clancy there is no competing with that depressing rotation. Unless Hader blows onto the scene and is the ace everyone wishes, Lopez becomes an instant #2, and the rest over perform and aren't all #5 starters that team won't do squat.

You are trying to rush a rebuild and the trades don't make sense. Not only that but even if they did the team is still below average.

What in the heck are people smoking here with this Wily Peralta love? Guy only has 3 more (more expensive) years of control remaining and all he has proven to be is maybe a #4 or even #5 if the pitching staff is good. He cannot get lefties out to save his life. Why would teams give up MLB top 10 prospects or superstar players for him? Lots of overvaluing of prospects all around. The Seager one is just crazy.

Gallo may have the negative that he's a high strikeout risk...but what you guys are suggesting is akin to giving a trade of Braun and Orlando Arcia for Plouffe and Tommy Milone in the Fielder/Gallo for Peralta/Davis deal.

The only positive for Texas is trying to get out of Prince's long-term contract that he may not live up to...but I don't think Texas necessarily cares about that. Also, Prince might be productive all the way through that contract at DH.

Peralta and Davis will probably net 2 B-level prospects in a trade...because that's what they were and that is what they are proving to be.

Peralta and Davis will probably net 2 B-level prospects in a trade...because that's what they were and that is what they are proving to be.

That is so incredibly wrong I don't even know how to respond.

Chris Sale is only worth one prospect that projects to MAYBE have ace potential? No that is incredibly stupid. So why would Khris Davis be worth a B-prospect because that is what he ended up being in the MLB? Good question, I know.

That is so incredibly wrong I don't even know how to respond.

Chris Sale is only worth one prospect that projects to MAYBE have ace potential? No that is incredibly stupid. So why would Khris Davis be worth a B-prospect because that is what he ended up being in the MLB? Good question, I know.

Relax.

Neither of those deals would ever happen. That rotation also has a 0% chance of happening for this season outside of Jungmann and Davies being in it. Another person mentioned Gallo not being guaranteed to produce like Davis already has - really? Davis needs to be traded solely based on his arm. Gallo is guaranteed to hit as many HRs, if not more, playing a position of need vs a position we are stacked at (OF). If you can't trade Braun move him to 1b for 5yrs. That eliminates a position of need internally allowing us to focus on 3b/C (maybe 2b). Rotation has good young talent but needs to be bolstered still.

Archived