Brewer Fanatic

Winter Weather thread, 2015-2016

hawing
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scheduled to take off Thursday for a family trip to San Diego. So was glad when they reduced the snow totals forecast for the southeast part of the state. Looks like an inch or less expected at Mitchell.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The forecast says a foot here but temps in the mid to lower 30's. I don't know how you can get a foot of snow when it's that warm.

Where is "here" jericho? This is the current forecast map:

http://www.weather.gov/images/mkx/snowaccum/SnowMap_WI.png

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

owbc can explain this a whole lot better. But if the air temperature at about 1,000 feet above the ground is below freezing, the snowflakes won't have time to melt before they hit the ground. Conversely, if it's below freezing on the ground and above freezing at 1,000 feet, we'll have freezing rain.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am right on the cutoff of 6-8 and 8-12 so I am just gong to go with 8. Heavy wet stuff too which will be just a joy to clear off the driveway. My snow blower doesn't have the most horsepower in the world. It will take some time to clear 8 inches of wet snow.

There was a strong band at the top of the storm that ended up giving the more impressive totals. Eau Claire ended up with 10.5 and locally higher amounts to the south and to the E/NE. I think the highest amounts were to the NE of Wausau.

The Green Bay area was supposed to end up with a lot, but not sure that actually came to fruition.

Got close to 11 inches where im at in Eau Claire,it started snowing around 1400 yesterday afternoon but nothing really started sticking to the roads until around 1900 or so,so that helped with the roads. They have already plowed this morning and the roads are clear again. Having temps in the 40s and 50s in the recent past certainly helped
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Turned absolutely brutal today in Milwaukee/Waukesha for rush hour. Freezing rain/sleet/snow mix after it rained overnight, clearing all that wonderful salt off the roads.

Thankfully, people actually still remembered how to drive in winter weather.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Only had 4-5 inches on the ground this morning. Shoveling at 7:30 am was like trying to shovel partially cured concrete. Went to do more around noon and it was more like floury cookie dough. Finished shoveling around 2 and that was like a slushy. It pretty much rain/sleeted all day today so there was some nice melting going on then about 5 it turned into straight up blizzard snow. I think we got more snow this afternoon than from yesterday to this morning.

Archived