Brewer Fanatic

Winter Weather thread, 2015-2016

hawing
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Major storm early next week? Saw something like 8-12" on Tuesday

Please no. I'm done with snow and I have no where else to put it.

Not sure where you're at, but the Milwaukee area will see a lot of melting over the weekend, with highs above 40.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Not sure where you're at, but the Milwaukee area will see a lot of melting over the weekend, with highs above 40.

Same here. If it's going to melt then it needs to go away completely and not come back. I hate that it's going to tease me.

Combining the daytime and evening forecasts for Tuesday, I'm seeing 1-4 for Kenosha, 4-8 for Milwaukee, 6-10 for Oshkosh and between Sheboygan and Green Bay, and 6-11 for Madison.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We got 7 to 8 inches on Monday. Weather Underground is predicting 8 - 12 in Southwestern Wisconsin on Tuesday.

Glad I have a reliable snow plow guy and a snowblower. 1/3 of mile long driveway $30. a plow.

Couldn't find someone to do my 100 foot long driveway for that in Brookfield.

Snow predictions at this point are utterly pointless. Just in the last 4 hours Kenosha went from 7-11 inches to 2-4 inches.

Between temperature prediction changes and the track of the storm it will likely look way different in nearly a week.

The prediction will change, but I think "utterly pointless" in an exaggeration. While the totals may change significantly, I'd rather at least know there's a chance for a lot of snow as opposed to just a light dusting...

The prediction will change, but I think "utterly pointless" in an exaggeration. While the totals may change significantly, I'd rather at least know there's a chance for a lot of snow as opposed to just a light dusting...

*Snow amount predictions

Really all that needs to be said is, "Possibility for large snowstorm next week."

Jericho, I'm guessing you live a littler further north of Milwaukee (and got dumped on earlier this week). I live in Waukesha and work in Milwaukee. There is probably about 3 inches of snow on the ground in both locations. Other than the storm that dumped about 5 or 6 inches of snow during the last week of December, we really have not had much snow this season.

This morning on TMJ4 I saw a prediction for 10-15 inches by the time the snow ends next week....but they emphasized that it's an early prediction and if the Low tracks farther north than currently predicted, then it could be mostly rain.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

With such little snow in the Milwaukee area this weekends warm temps and rain might melt away a lot of the current snow. Thus exposing the ground and leading to higher temps for Tuesday/Wednesday. Temps are already borderline and they could be pushed higher to make more of a rain event vs. snow.

It looks like confidence is building that there will be some sort of big snow event next Tue/Wed. But still to early to know where the rain/snow line will be. It doesn't sound like some big 2 foot monster storm through which is nice. Just keep it under a foot please.

I would rather have snow than rain but maybe I am in the minority.

National Weather Service statement as of 6:15 am this morning (filled with many disclaimers):

http://www.weather.gov/mkx/winterstorm020316

4-7 day out look map. Hover over the days on top to see precip probabilities:

http://www.weather.gov/mkx/winterstorm020316

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Community Moderator
Looks like pretty good model agreement that Milwaukee will get mostly rain from this. Madison is in the area of high uncertainty and will likely change over to rain for at least part of the time. Areas like the Dells and Appleton are a good bet for 8" or more. It's a pretty fast moving system so I think the highest totals will be around a foot or so.

Snow predictions at this point are utterly pointless. Just in the last 4 hours Kenosha went from 7-11 inches to 2-4 inches.

They're not pointless; they give us something to go by. These early predictions tell us that we should plan on our ability to be out and about to be affected somewhere around Tuesday and Wednesday. The details can change. And maybe nothing significant happens at all. If that's the case, we can consider ourselves lucky.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I have seen anywhere from 6-12 for FDL but we are still at that borderline between all snow and snow/rain mix so I am sure the actual totals could vary quite a bit. I am just happy no one is predicting some 18-24 inch monster.

Called off school already here in Green bay. Probably guarantees the biggest dud snowstorm of the year....or that the bad part pushes back to Wednesday. No complaining about a day off from teaching though

FDL is now down to that 2-4 inch range; despite that a whole bunch of schools have already cancelled for the day. Snow isn't even supposed to start until late Morning; could have at least gotten a 1/2 day in pretty easily.

For as long as this storm has been talked about; it is definitely a dud for those in southeast and east central WI.

Community Moderator
Track definitely shifted a bit north at the last minute. However, this storm never looked that impressive on the models. Sounds like the media hype machine has gotten out of control. I saw posts a week in advance of 12"+ totals from ONE model run. That's highly irresponsible.

I think FDL probably has about 4 inches on the ground now; it was a lot heavier from 11-1 or so and is dying down now. Looks like a big ole sloppy mess outside but hardly a major snow storm. We got more snow last week and that didn't even register a blip on any national weather news.

• 4 weeks later...
Mother nature isn't done with us yet. 4-6 inches heading our way.

Looks that way, though it also appears that there are forecasts for around 60 early next week....for me, that means I'm shoveling the sidewalk and just driving over the stuff on the driveway for a week. Yeah, I'm lazy like that, ha. Even though it's been a pretty mild winter, there's no sense it really going out of my way to move snow around, only for it to be completely melted and gone in a week or less.

I do find it funny though. Yesterday, all time high of 61, two days later...6 inches of snow.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived