Brewer Fanatic

SS Orlando Arcia, RHPs Damien Magnifico and Jacob Barnes added to the 40-man roster

And That

Or so the MLB app tells me. It brings the 40-man roster to 38.

Discussion over the past few months on the topic is on the minor league forum.

Mildly surprised that Victor Roache and/or Jorge Ortega were not added to the roster, though it does keep a spot (actually two) open for an upgrade in the Rule 5 draft next month.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the transaction emoticon and saw Arcia's name next to it.

Lol I was going to say the same thing, All I could see was SS Orlando Arcia, RHP's and my first thought was it was a trade

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

So Suter who is rank #2 top prospect in our system was not protected with Wang, Roache, Ortega. I could see someone taking a shot on Suter or Roache.

So Suter who is rank #2 top prospect in our system was not protected with Wang, Roache, Ortega. I could see someone taking a shot on Suter or Roache.

Suter is not even listed in our top 30. Are you thinking of Phillips? Also we still have two more spots to fill with these players so my guess is we will add a couple more players before the midnight deadline.

of course get Arcia & Magnifico makes sense too as do the likely risks of not including wang, roache, Ortega, suter.

However, was a little disappointed to see Barnes on the list. although younger and "ascending", I don't see him as a better future pitcher than Burgos or Chapman. and for that matter would probably rather have Guez & Perez too over Barnes- all of whom I'd also think are more likely at being selected by other teams than Barnes.

Because this is a topic that's important news and likely to generate a significant number of replies, it makes sense to note the move in the 40 man thread and carry on the discussion here.

Note the Hernán Pérez topic as an example. It's generated 65 posts over 12 days. Having that discussion in the 40 man thread would make it difficult for those who simply want to follow the moves.

We also have the side issue of large topics affecting board performance. If we relegated all discussion of 40 man roster moves to that topic, we'd be splitting it frequently.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Suter was #26 in our community poll. He is not in any top 20 or 30 type list (that I know of).

Someone might take him due to the fact that he's a lefty who's had success at AAA, and thus could be ready to help at the major league level.

I don't think how ready they are for the majors now is a concern for teams. If a player is better than someone they have and can afford to keep them on the 25 man for enough days before an "injury" happens the team will take him. If someone is taken it means is our farm is doing well.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I don't think how ready they are for the majors now is a concern for teams. If a player is better than someone they have and can afford to keep them on the 25 man for enough days before an "injury" happens the team will take him. If someone is taken it means is our farm is doing well.

True enough, but Roache isn't really much of a prospect (in my mind at least).

I'd be floored if he was selected.

Never underestimate people's ability to recognize sarcasm when you forget to add blue.... (Sigh) I have been one of the people who most rejects Suter as a prospect. Not disappointed at all about the lack of him not being added

Archived