Brewer Fanatic

Aubrey Huff attempting comeback

After addressing his anxiety issues and rehabbing a bad hip, Huff is reportedly in great shape and ready to attempt a comeback. With possibility that Lind will be moved, taking a look at Huff in Arizona might not be a bad idea. Would give them a LH bat to share 1B with Rogers and a guy who if he proves he can still hit could be in demand for a contender looking for a veteran bat.

I know Melvin has struck gold with this kind of move before with the likes of Kapler and such however, I much rather we bring in a younger 1st baseman or give Rogers a look there full-time. Huff should be nothing more than the occasional spot start, come off the bench guy. Never hurts to give a look but not expecting much.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Tremendous veteran leadership, and he was a great player in his prime and in the postseason (.294/.368/.588 in the 2010 World Series). Hard to imagine he has much left in the tank. There is plenty he could teach younger players though. If his 2011 season was due to mental issues (.306 OBP) and not just about declining skills, he's certainly worth taking a look at in Spring Training.

I think he'll make an excellent coach someday

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

All good points, but he'll take a minor league deal for certain and you can see how he looks in ST. I think they'll be able to evaluate if he can be useful off the bench and to get occasional starts at 1B against tough RH pitchers.

This is all dependent on whether or not Lind is dealt of course. Peterson might well fill that role just as ably though using him there would leave no LH pop on the bench assuming Herrera's playing 3B also vs. RHP.

I wouldn't sign him today certainly, but let the roster shake out and then take a look at the possibility if there's a spot he'd have a chance to compete at.

Something about a guy who hasn't played for 3 years, is going on 39 years old, and plays horrid defense just doesn't seem like a fit for the Brewers.

Sounds like a classic "minor league deal with spring training invite, makes the team out of camp, and gets way too much playing time" kind of deal that Doug loved to make.

Archived