Brewer Fanatic

2015-16 Offseason Optimism Thread

torts

Hey everyone! It's Hot Stove season! Who ends up leaving? Or, who ends up staying?

This is going to be a great winter! New GM? Younger than me? Interested in trades and drafting?

I am 100% okay if this team fields a AAAA level team next year if the moves made put is in the realm of the Cubs/Pirates franchises.

I am excited for the future, and I hope you all are too!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'm very excited and optimistic about the future of the Milwaukee Brewers. We are finally getting the rebuilding phase that many of us have wanted for a few years now. I'm very happy to have a new GM in place and players in the system like Arcia & Phillips that are worth really looking forward to.

I will be fascinated to see how Stearns builds his team

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

KROD IS GONE!!!

ITTTSSSS HAAAAAAAAPPPEEENNNNIIIINGGGGGGG

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm optimistic about the future for the first time in several years. I know the next few years are going to be a struggle, but I like that we are (I think) establishing a plan to excel. The farm system is revitalized, we have some young guys on the verge of making their debuts, the big league roster has a lot of intriguing (if still emerging talent).

While I want to win ball games next year, I can also just enjoy watching the young guys develop. Arcia, Reed, Hader, Davies, Houser, Phillips - we'll probably see all these guys this year - and that's just a few of the players.

I'm more optimistic about 2016 today than I was yesterday as Stearn showed the willingness to deal a prospect in A ball for a guy who potentially makes the 2016 team better. It's not all about tearing down what you have, but using your depth in some areas (in this case starting pitching) to find help in an area of need, 3B, and the guy he acquired is still very young.

I am diggin' everything so far!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the transactions so far. Hopefully a strong Winters Meeting and signing some cheaper veterans after all the buzz wears off and we head into the 2016 season with a young, exciting group of guys with a bunch of very talented players waiting in the wings.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Bold Prediction: Jimmy Nelson, Taylor Jugmann and Willy Peralta will take the next steps in their journey's as MLB pitcher. Nelson will settle in as a true #1, Junmann as a #2 and Peralta as the #3 giving the Brewers a top end of the rotation that competes with the Cardinals and Pirates. Not only that but Davies settles in a a nice #4 as well who gives you a chance to win each start.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• 2 months later...
Bold Prediction: Jimmy Nelson, Taylor Jugmann and Willy Peralta will take the next steps in their journey's as MLB pitcher. Nelson will settle in as a true #1, Junmann as a #2 and Peralta as the #3 giving the Brewers a top end of the rotation that competes with the Cardinals and Pirates. Not only that but Davies settles in a a nice #4 as well who gives you a chance to win each start.

Wouldn't having a true 1, 2, 3, and 4 give us an average rotation, not a top end one?

I would think we would need two guys to develop aa aces (Nelson and Peralta being the most likely IMO) to really have a top end rotation.

Archived