Brewer Fanatic

Lind, Lucroy, K-Rod available (as per Olney)

I don't even listen to Jays on Lucroy unless Sean Reid-Foley, Penecost, Vlad Jr/ Tellez/ or Conner Greene....Pompey wouldn't be a bad player to include to be our CF and future 4th OF. Greene is an interest prospect who has a lot of talent as both a player, actor, and model

That may seem a lot for Toronto however, just before the deadline these guys were much further down the list. Not a fan of Jon Harris at all.

For Segura...I'm not sure what is market really is. Maybe you could get Pompey and Tellez or Greene. That or maybe go head up for Penecost if you decide to deal Lucroy

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lind is heating with around a dozen teams calling.....O's and Mariners are favorites as of now. Competition is good, hopefylly they don't wait too long where the market will collapse as team get other options instead. For Lind, my favorite prospects for O's outside of Bundy & Harvey to target are Cisco, Reyes, Mancini, Heim

In a potential Lind trade to the Mariners, I wouldn't mind the Brewers taking a chance on Mike Zunino as a future catcher replacement if we move Lucroy in a separate deal.

Maybe something like Lind for C Mike Zunino and RHP Edwin Diaz?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Zunino: .250 career OBP.

Zunino is a classic example of a guy who was rushed. I'm not saying we get him, but the guy only got 106 games in the minors. He actually showed a decent eye at the plate his first through AA. He took his walks and didn't strike out that much. Then he fell apart at AAA (.227 BA, 66K on 203 ABs) after only 15 games at AA. Despite his struggle, he was rushed to the majors. He struggled, but he did hit 22 HR at age 23 - but by this time all semblance of plate discipline was gone. 17 walks on 476 plate appearances (and over 150 strike outs). He was worse last year.

It looks like the Mariners blew this one. I'm not saying Zunino would have been good, but they saw his mediocre results at AAA - and then the majors. They should have let him take a step back and refine his game some more before just letting him sink the last two years.

Catchers often develop later than other players, so you never know with a guy like this. He was the 3rd pick in the draft for a reason.

Zunino: .250 career OBP.

Really young and posted a pretty solid .364 OBP in the minors. I think a lot would depend on his catching ability as well.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pompey for Segura might well be worthwhile. Pompey is a premium defender in center field, though his bat is still catching up.

Might be worthwhile? That would be highway robbery at it's finest. Pompey isn't that big of a prospect, but Segura is not good at all.

Where does Segura fit for them? Is Tulo not there anymore? This confuses me.

Backup until Tulowitski inevitably misses half the season.

Segura is arby eligible. You don't pick up a guy who'll get paid like a starter in arby to be a backup. Neither Lucroy or Segura to Toronto makes any sense.

He comes in as the #3 pick, dominates competition while flying up to AA in his first season. In 2013, his 2nd season, they start him in AAA, he struggles in his first 50 games so they promote him to the majors....Over matched. Next season in 2014 fairs better from a power standpoint but refused to walk and K'd an outrageous amount. 2015 he even declines more! He goes to the minors (AAA) for 10 games and smokes the ball.

More proof that Jack Z was just terrible for this team! Why would you force him throught the system so fast? He couldn't hit in the first 2 months of AAA so you promote him for good to the MLB?

All that said, I'd take a flyer on him as long as they give us someone else of worth for Lind. Potential is there, just needs some actual coaching and time.

Important to note many teams have an interest in Lind. Seattle is the team that has surfaced publicly so far, but no need to get caught up in it.

Well it was reported that Baltimore was interested as well, but they have acquired Mark Trumbo and also may be considering re-signing Chris Davis, so it makes sense to start speculating on some Mariners prospects/young players as targets.

Today is just annoying.... Seemed from yesterday it would be an action packed day..... Dead as can be though. They need to just toss us a few more rumors to discuss. If Lind is not gone tomorrow I'll start to worry that DS is going to dry up the market for him. If a dozen teams have called and discussed, you should be able to find a good deal in there somewhere. If you keep waiting and asking for more and more....market will dry up and shift to other options such as Moreland.

Lind will be traded before the winter meetings end and I am sure we will see a lot of action on Rule 5 day. Patience my friends...remember he has a pretty good trade guy looming over him in Doug Melvin. Melvin had a lot of flaws, but he did a good job with his trades.

This dozen teams interested in Lind is a [expletive deleted by moderator] rumor. There are not 12 2016 contending teams that need a 1B and/or DH. My guess is that their could be 2-4 teams interested in Adam Lind for one year on the cheap.

Today is just annoying.... Seemed from yesterday it would be an action packed day..... Dead as can be though. They need to just toss us a few more rumors to discuss. If Lind is not gone tomorrow I'll start to worry that DS is going to dry up the market for him. If a dozen teams have called and discussed, you should be able to find a good deal in there somewhere. If u keep waiting and asking for more and more....market will dry up and shift to other options such as Moreland.

Chris Davis free agent market is somewhat slowing down the Lind trade talks. For some teams, Davis might be their first choice with Lind as a fallback option if they don't get Davis.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

This dozen teams interested in Lind is a BS rumor. There are not 12 2016 contending teams that need a 1B and/or DH. My guess is that their could be 2-4 teams interested in Adam Lind for one year on the cheap.

Maybe not 12, as the quote was up to 12, but Lind had the 12th highest WAR for 1B in the majors last year. So there are plenty of teams that could definitely be considering him as an upgrade to their roster right now and it doesn't seem implausible that a dozen or so may have at least checked in on his availability.

If you look at positional scarcity, the market for Lucroy could potentially be huge. There are many contending teams that would really upgrade their catcher position with Lucroy on board. I could see Stearns getting a trade offer on Lucroy that is too good to pass up. Would love to see Swihart plus other prospects from Boston, for instance
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

If Lind is not gone tomorrow I'll start to worry that DS is going to dry up the market for him. If a dozen teams have called and discussed, you should be able to find a good deal in there somewhere. If u keep waiting and asking for more and more....market will dry up and shift to other options such as Moreland.

I think the logically thing for Stearns to do is wait for Davis to sign and start a bidding war between the teams who lost out. My guess is most of these teams are doing their due diligence by checking in with the Brewers to see what our asking price but consider him plan B if they can't sign Davis. As for Moreland, he can barely hold Lind's jockstrap and is considered more of a big bat off the bench than a starter at this point.

Archived