Brewer Fanatic

trade partner Seattle

ewitkows
They need a 1B and a C , So lind and Lucory for a package centerern around Kivlehan and Gohara. Gives us a 3B in the upper minors and a high upside pitcher. Another 10-15 rank prospect would have to be added for the deal to be legit but this as a starting point.

They need a 1B and a C , So lind and Lucory for a package centerern around Kivlehan and Gohara. Gives us a 3B in the upper minors and a high upside pitcher. Another 10-15 rank prospect would have to be added for the deal to be legit but this as a starting point.

You're kidding right? An almost 26 year old who's never spent a day in the majors and has a career .911 fielding percentage at 3B, and a guy, albeit a young one, with a 5.75 ERA in the low minors? I wouldn't be interested if that was the offer for Lind alone, much less Lucroy too, even with that unnamed prospect.

Is it multiple people on this board that are big fans of Kivlehan? I keep seeing his name thrown around. What is the infatuation? I don't know the scouting report, but he has a sub-.800 OPS in the PCL at age 25 and some say that he is mistake-probe in the field. He may improve that next year as he seems to be a guy that figures out a league a year later, but I'm not sure he is even an MLB player.

If you're in the PCL and are supposed to have a bat as a corner player, you must hit over .800 OPS there. If not, seeya. His .313 OBP makes me think he may be sub-.300 in the majors.

To be fair, Josh Donaldson had this late blooming progression, but he's the exception, not the rule.

You're kidding right? An almost 26 year old who's never spent a day in the majors and has a career .911 fielding percentage at 3B, and a guy, albeit a young one, with a 5.75 ERA in the low minors? I wouldn't be interested if that was the offer for Lind alone, much less Lucroy too, even with that unnamed prospect.

I think I would take that for Lind. The kid is 19 years old...give him some time he has a decent ceiling. Something I doubt we will get out of a player for Lind. The other guy...yah he is sort of an aging borderline prospects, but hey might as well take a flyer. That would be a decent deal for Lind.

That deal for Lucroy though...I would have to go cheer for a different team.

Last year at AA he hit 300/375/485. Maybe he doesn't stick at 3B but you got another good cheap guy who could fill in at 1B too.

Those numbers are worse than the ones that Hunter Morris put up in AA at a younger age. You can't justify completely ruling out a prospect by some mediocre numbers, but most guys at age 25 should be destroying the best hitter's league in all of baseball if they're really going to be that good.

Archived