Brewer Fanatic

Profar?

With Texas to try and lock up Odor and with Andrus on the books long term, I'd like to see a Lucroy deal centered around Profar. We can plug him in at 2B and have him and Arcia to man the middle of our IF. Lucroy for Profar, Cordell and Mendez seems like a good deal for both sides.

Yes, I thought about this the other day. Although I don't see this happening I would be so stoked at an infield of Profar and Arcia. Lucroy certainly fits in Texas as well, and we have a strong trade history with them. I would think, however, if Lucroy was going to be dealt to the Rangers they would try to get Gallo instead.

What is done with Scooter? A trade? Because he cannot play anywhere else but 2B. Could he sweeten the pot in the trade?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What is done with Scooter? A trade? Because he cannot play anywhere else but 2B. Could he sweeten the pot in the trade?

Scooter is not the kind of talent you worry about him being here or not. He is just a guy.

I wouldnt mind if he was our starting 2B for 2016, but if he can be moved to make a Luc trade a bigger package, Im all for it, thought I havent done the research of who needs a LH hitting 2B and a catcher.

I feel like targeting a a guy who has played 12 games the last two years may not be the right move. Not to mention all those games were as a DH. The guy hasn't played the field since 2013. I get it he is young and had massive potential a few years ago, but he has now had surgery on his shoulder twice. Way too injury prone to center a Lucroy trade.

Doug isn't in charge anymore. We will probably not be trading with Texas as often anymore.

Fair but the Texas media did report interest in Lucroy at the deadline and they certainly have the farm system and are serious enough contenders to be a front runner if Lucroy is made available.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-rangers/headlines/20150727-report-rangers-interested-in-brewers-center-fielder-carlos-gomez.ece

Any trade that upgrades Scooter Gennett is a good trade.

Can I ask why? Not saying that he is likely to be the second basemen of the next competitive Brewers team so I'm open to a long term solution, but he should give league average second base production (offensively, defensively) in the heavy half of a platoon.

I never got the desire to move him from a platoon role, but 2nd base shouldn't be a black hole like 1st used to be.

Profar's never done anything at the big league level, has been hurt for the better part of two seasons, and he's such an upgrade over Gennett that you guys are willing to create a black hole at the one position it's hard to find talent at?

Beam me up Scottie.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Profar is a really interesting case. I wouldn't say no to him, but I would really do my homework on him, especially with regard to his medicals.

Should be noted that Profar has two years of major league service - it's not like we'd get the guy for 6 years. He's actually eligible for Super 2 arby this upcoming season.

Still, depending on the cost, he might be a good 'low buy' target (if he doesn't cost that much).

Could we get Profar and Gallo for Lucroy and someone else? That would go a very long way to reloading if Profar stays healthy. Lucroy, Scooter and ... Will Smith?

I don't think we have any assets valuable enough to get Gallo or any top 10 prospect. Although the Rangers still have plenty of top level prospects who would be appealing to the Brewers. I would look into a Lucroy and Smith for Tate/Ortiz, Cordell and Mendez/Faulkner trade (depending on which prospects Stearns values more). This gives the Brewers a young pitcher who has top of the rotation stuff, a solid hitter who could stick at 3B, and a high risk/high ceiling lefty who at worst should provide a power arm out of the bullpen.

Gallo and Profar? Gallo's shown nothing above AA other than that he's a sure bet to shatter major league strikeout records. His ceiling is Mark Reynolds/Russell Branyan. Profar is damaged goods. Nobody's trading for him.

Good to see you got a new crystal ball.

Gallo and Profar? Gallo's shown nothing above AA other than that he's a sure bet to shatter major league strikeout records. His ceiling is Mark Reynolds/Russell Branyan. Profar is damaged goods. Nobody's trading for him.

Well that is only about the most absurd thing I have read on here in awhile. Gallo is 21 & Profar is 22. Profar was arguably the top prospect in all baseball at 19/20. I understand at 20 in the big leagues he didn't set the world on fire and then had 2 injury ridden seasons. Doesn't mean his career is over. Josh Hamiliton literally played zero games from age 22-24 and he turned out to be fine as a player. Gallo does K a lot, I will give you that but he hits and walks enough to maintain a .360 OBP as well. Like we talk about with Santana.... K's are a little easier to over look if the guy hits for average as well as walks a little bit....not to mention can give you 30...40...maybe more HRs in a season with 100+ RBIs. He is kind of like Jimmy Nelson and many other players where he is very slow to adjust. Every season he has been promoted and his performance has drastically dropped. The next season he goes back to that league, tears it up, gets promoted, then falls on face again... cycle repeats. Moral of story, he will adjust and be fine once he is up for good.

I don't think anyone here was saying go Lucroy for Profar straight up. Profar hasn't played in two years and no longer even has a starting job, his value isn't that high. I do think Rangers are a bad fit for the Brewers to trade Lucroy to since they traded Alfaro.

Lucroy wouldn't net Gallo and Profar alone. This would have to be like the Houston trade to get both.

Lucroy & Will Smith for Profar, Gallo,Yohander Mendez, Trevino

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived