Brewer Fanatic

2015 Championship Series: Blue Jays vs. Royals, Cubs vs. Mets (Royals, Mets advance to World Series)

1992casey
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
http://www.cubssuckclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/soxbeatcubs.jpg
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Funny listening to Chicago radio today....everyone talking about how flawed the Cubs are. Try being a Brewers fan!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

From Grantland:

The Mets victory ensures that for the first time in history, the World Series will not involve one of Major League Baseball’s original 16 teams.

I can't believe that hasn't happened before. Wow.

Edited to Add: Looks like this would've only been possible since '62, when the league expanded to 10 teams in the NL ('61 it went to 10 in the AL).

Still, 50 years!

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

From Grantland:

The Mets victory ensures that for the first time in history, the World Series will not involve one of Major League Baseball’s original 16 teams.

Considering that one of those 16 hasn't been to the WS since the 1940's, that means that one of 15 teams has been to the World Series every year since 1962.

As impressive as it was New York sweeping Chicago, I just don't see any NL team beating the Royals at this point. They've been playing just as well as New York and won't have had as long a layoff in between series. Props to Toronto for extending the series a couple games, but I think KC gets it done tomorrow and they take the WS in six.

Blue Jays vs. Royals, Game 6

Blue Jays

1. LF Ben Revere (L)
  2. 3B Josh Donaldson ®
  3. RF José Bautista ®
  4. DH Edwin Encarnacion ®
  5. 1B Chris Colabello ®
  6. SS Troy Tulowitzki ®
  7. C Russell Martin ®
  8. CF Kevin Pillar ®
  9. 2B Ryan Goins (L)

Royals

1. SS Alcides Escobar ®
  2. 2B Ben Zobrist (S)
  3. CF Lorenzo Cain ®
  4. 1B Eric Hosmer (L)
  5. DH Kendrys Morales (S)
  6. 3B Mike Moustakas (L)
  7. C Salvador Pérez ®
  8. LF Alex Gordon (L)
  9. RF Alex Ríos ®

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I feel bad for the Blue Jays. You get 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs and then you get an idiot umpire giving strikes to Davis on pitches that aren't even close that change at bats.

I'd be livid and screaming at the umpire if I was in the Blue Jays dugout.

Terrible calls by the home plate ump in the top of the 9th on pitches that were up and away. Changed two straight at bats in huge ways to let the Royals off the hook when Toronto was threatening. Blue Jays got hosed.

GO METS!!!!

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I feel bad for the Blue Jays. You get 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs and then you get an idiot umpire giving strikes to Davis on pitches that aren't even close that change at bats.

I'd be livid and screaming at the umpire if I was in the Blue Jays dugout.

I feel so bad for Jays fans. It had to be excruciating enough just to strand a guy at third down by a single run in the 9th, but then for the ump to call that 2-1 pitch to Revere a strike had to be an extra gut punch. Maybe Revere would have ended up striking out anyways, popped out, or hit a grounder right at a drawn in infielder, but in that spot turning what should have been a 3-1 count to 2-2 instead on that pitch in that situation was a big favor to Davis and the Royals.

Man, if that exact scenario had played out the same to the Brewers, i'd have been in the fetal position. I love sports, but being heavily infested into a team can be so cruel sometimes. I'd much rather my team get blown out in a game like that than lose in such agonizing fashion where you are just praying, please don't strike out.

Archived