Brewer Fanatic

Matt Arnold hired as new Asst GM

markedman5

So as of now we are sitting with a front office of 4 highly regarded members, 1 who is now a GM and 3 who are well on their way of becoming GMs in the future. Zack is I think only 32 and he is a rising star, few months ago I read a couple things about Arnold and him being a sleeper pick for the Brewers GM. Ray has interviewed for GM jobs before and highly regarded. If the Brewers are success with this rebuild, all 3 of these guys could have themselves their own head offices for a MLB team. Hope they can bring in one more stude to replace Nichols

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

So as of now we are sitting with a front office of 4 highly regarded members, 1 who is now a GM and 3 who are well on their way of becoming GMs in the future. Zack is I think only 32 and he is a rising star, few months ago I read a couple things about Arnold and him being a sleeper pick for the Brewers GM. Ray has interviewed for GM jobs before and highly regarded. If the Brewers are success with this rebuild, all 3 of these guys could have themselves their own head offices for a MLB team. Hope they can bring in one more stude to replace Nichols

You can have all the geniuses you want on the payroll, but can they compete with the team 90 miles to the south that has both the geniuses and the revenue? My guess is Milwaukee is a stepping stone job in their minds.

My guess is Milwaukee is a stepping stone job in their minds.

My guess is that for any of these guys, any job that doesn't have the title of "general manager" is a stepping stone job in their minds - whether it's in Milwaukee, Chicago, or New York. If these guys perform well enough to warrant a promotion to the next level, I'll be thrilled. Obviously time will tell, but a very encouraging direction being pursued by the franchise at this point.

I am not Shea Vucinich

My guess is Milwaukee is a stepping stone job in their minds.

My guess is that for any of these guys, any job that doesn't have the title of "general manager" is a stepping stone job in their minds - whether it's in Milwaukee, Chicago, or New York. If these guys perform well enough to warrant a promotion to the next level, I'll be thrilled. Obviously time will tell, but a very encouraging direction being pursued by the franchise at this point.

Yeah, I'll tack on. That is such a negative view towards the Brewers organization. Is it the Red Sox or Yankees? Nope. But it is still only one of thirty positions in the world. It is a highly regarded position and if this guys does have success, you just never know, he may want to continue to build a legacy here in Milwaukee. If not, we search for the next rising star GM like every other franchise must do. But either way, it is a great thing to have these young minds, who people highly regard in baseball, working for the Brewers moving forward.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

You can have all the geniuses you want on the payroll, but can they compete with the team 90 miles to the south that has both the geniuses and the revenue? My guess is Milwaukee is a stepping stone job in their minds.

Duh. I doubt any of these guys other than maybe Stearns took the job with the idea that they are going to stick around for 5-10 years. They got the opportunity to come to Milwaukee, do a good job, and build their resume so they can go somewhere else and get a higher position and make more money. It happens in every industry.

I'm guessing that while it's harder to win in Miwaukee, it is also harder to get fired versus Boston, New York, LA, etc. A GM can stay here a long time if he is remotely competent (see Doug Melvin). That has to be a plus factor.

Let's hope it is (for everyone other than Stearns), because the only way this job is a stepping stone is if the Brewers become a good organization from top to bottom. TB had a long run competing against baseball's biggest spenders, and Houston looks like a contender for a number of years. Front office guys in floundering organizations don't get poached.

I'm guessing that while it's harder to win in Miwaukee, it is also harder to get fired versus Boston, New York, LA, etc. A GM can stay here a long time if he is remotely competent (see Doug Melvin). That has to be a plus factor.

Very good points. To tack on. While you can make a greater impact on a team like Boston (Theo) and have that legacy. You can also have a huge impact on a team like the Brewers and become a higher being type person. Whoever the GM happens to be when the Brewers do win a world series, they will be seen as a god around Milwaukee for their remainder of time on this earth and beyond.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Very good points. To tack on. While you can make a greater impact on a team like Boston (Theo) and have that legacy. You can also have a huge impact on a team like the Brewers and become a higher being type person. Whoever the GM happens to be when the Brewers do win a world series, they will be seen as a god around Milwaukee for their remainder of time on this earth and beyond.

Far out, man.

Archived