Brewer Fanatic

C.C. Sabathia checks into alcohol rehab center

trwi7

Of all the baseball players who could have issues like this, Sabathia would have been pretty far down on my list. It takes a big man (figuratively speaking, but also literally in this case) to admit when he has a problem and to get help for it.

This link has a statement from him about his decision: https://twitter.com/MarcCarig/status/651082769091678212/photo/1

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It'd be nice if CC could do this a lot more privately. It would certainly make recovery a whole lot easier. We didn't hear about Paul Molitor's rehab for years.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Nothing is private anymore. If ESPN had existed back then as it did today (and a hundred other media outlets bribing people to get the scoop) Molitor's rehab wouldn't have been private.

Sabathia's situation would have come out anyway, and a slow leak probably would have been more distracting than an announcement. Also - having a friend who is on the wagon right now - it's better he starts getting help now than waiting for the offseason.

CC is as low as he can go. Sign him up Doug, Stearns.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I dont care what anyone thinks, but this is by FAR the best move CC can make. You have to put your own well-being before literally everything else. To pull yourself out of the biggest spot light at the brightest time of the year takes a lot, and I wish nothing but the best for CC going forward.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Fully agree. He needs to get right, and the minute he came to the realization is the minute it should start. This is much bigger than baseball. Honestly, while it may be a shock to his teammates, given how he pitched this year he's not hurting them by going into rehab.

Hopefully CC gets better, and if any other players have a problem, my CC's example push them to get the help they need.

There is a lot of things that are more important than sports & playoffs. He has a family and children to worry about. He needs to do wants best for him and his family before what's best for the Yankees. Plus if your not right mentally as a pitcher, what good are you anyways? Good for CC, hope he gets things figured out.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

My initial thought was that the Yankees don't even have use for him on a 25 man playoff roster, since he was pretty bad this year. Then I look at his numbers and see Sabathia has been quite good the past couple months, a 2.8 ERA since the start of August, and it seems kind of odd this is happening now...

My initial thought was that the Yankees don't even have use for him on a 25 man playoff roster, since he was pretty bad this year. Then I look at his numbers and see Sabathia has been quite good the past couple months, a 2.8 ERA since the start of August, and it seems kind of odd this is happening now...

The whole thing seems weird. Generally when this happens to athletes there are rumblings and rumors about things but I don't recall ever hearing a negative thing about CC. This past year was also his best year in awhile too.

Having dealt with family members who are (recovering) alcoholics, I can say, when someone makes the decision to get clean and stop drinking, the time or place or anything else that may be going on in their life doesn't matter.

No matter who tells them "Stop drinking," they won't until they hit that point of rock bottom and having their brain finally realize the damage, the pain, the hurt they're causing not only themselves, but their friends & family.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived