Brewer Fanatic

Nats fire Williams, coaching staff

WV Brew

I mean, Matt was handed a stacked team, they should have walked away with that division (especially considering how BAD Atlanta and Miami were), if not at least one of the Wild Card slots. I think ANY manager should be fired if they have a roster like that and completely implode down the stretch.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Williams should have been fired after the whole Pap/Harper fiasco but it's not really his fault the team didn't make the playoffs. Over half of their starting lineup has been injured this year and Strasburg and Fister sucked for some reason. Sounds more like a perfect storm of bad things and then the surprise of the Mets actually fielding a competent team.

but it's not really his fault the team didn't make the playoffs. Over half of their starting lineup has been injured this year and Strasburg and Fister sucked for some reason.

They had just as many devastating injuries as the Cardinals. Almost all of the preseason predictions had the Nats as the NL Champs. I am normally of the camp that a Manager has little effect on the outcome of games, but Williams' horrible managing absolutely cost the team a shot at the playoffs. Their GM Rizzo should've been shown the door too. How he thought that bullpen would get them to and through the playoffs is beyond me.

Archived