Brewer Fanatic

2015 Wildcard Games: Astros vs. Yankees, October 6, 7:00 PM CDT; Cubs vs. Pirates, Oct. 7, 7:00 PM CDT [Astros win, 3-0; Cubs win, 4-0]

1992casey
TBS K zone was a joke during Cubs/Pirates game. Guy must have Parkinson's clicking those dots. Strikes were 3inches out of the zone. Just get rid of that zone map if you're completely incompetent on placing those dots. Way misleading on where the pitches were and the ump's zone calling.

TBS K zone was a joke during Cubs/Pirates game. Guy must have Parkinson's clicking those dots. Strikes were 3inches out of the zone. Just get rid of that zone map if you're completely incompetent on placing those dots. Way misleading on where the pitches were and the ump's zone calling.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?month=10&day=7&year=2015&game=gid_2015_10_07_chnmlb_pitmlb_1%2F&prevGame=gid_2014_05_11_nyamlb_milmlb_1%2F&prevDate=1007

Really wasn't that bad. Pittsburgh GOT the worst call of the night in their favor.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Chris Archer's appearance in the booth during Tuesday's game is getting wildly positive responses. Craig Calcaterra of NBC Sports mentions the umms that trwi7 pointed out. But I thought that what he said was interesting and well articulated. You don't expect a guest analyst to be polished.

Objective observers are also giving positive marks to Jessica Mendoza. The negatives seem to be mostly in the form of sexist tweets from people who don't want to see any woman in that job. I think she was polished and offered interesting commentary.

(Mendoza) was great on the nuts and bolts, continued to show that she can describe hitting mechanics better than most color commentators — way more of them seem to be more comfortable talking about pitching — and was a seamless presence in the booth in terms of flow, timbre and all of the aesthetic aspects of broadcasting. If she has a fault thus far it’s that she leans on some cliches about hitters’ mindsets and desire to win sometimes. This puts her in with approximately 100% of all other color commentators in baseball now and throughout the history of baseball, of course, so it’s not really a demerit.

Ultimately, the true test of a good commentator is whether they (a) add insight; and (b) do so without distracting or upstaging the game. In this Mendoza is superior to most commentators in baseball and clearly superior to the “stop and listen to me” brand of analysts the major networks have employed on national broadcasts in recent years.

Archer needs some polish for style — he has a lot of “ummms” and “uhhhs” about him — but his analysis is both sharp and quick. Meaning he was RIGHT ON the points when he needed to be without any of the usual prompting guests in the booth need from the play-by-play guy. At one point he even flowed into play-by-play and did a pretty good job of it. Chris: if that pitching stuff doesn’t work out, you have a bright, bright future in television.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

One of the rare times I was rooting for the Cubs, and I have to do it again against the Cards.

I really can't stand the Pirates. They are a bunch of babies. They are always at the top of hitting batters, but then throw a tantrum when they get hit. They have also been involved in multiple on field altercations.

Got to say, Arrieta is a joy to watch on the mound as well.

As much as it pains me, I have to chose the lesser of two evils here and hope the Cards beat the Cubs.

My thinking is this. Everything about the Cardinals is the worst. The players, the fans, the organization. It's the worst. It can't be worse. Winning or losing this series, they will still be the worst. I can't in good conscious root for the Cubs, as while their fans are horrible in their own right, I cannot support seeing them actually have a reason to get more smug, more obnoxious, and more cocky. Cubs fans have room to get much much worse. Having to deal with one horrific fanbase in this division is more than enough. I'd rather see Cubs fans angry and sad.

I do not want the Cardinals to win. At all. But I want to see Cubs fans joy at winning even less.

Plus, the Cards losing to the Dodgers will be more enjoyable. The only downfall is I kinda like the Cubs team...

family life:

my wife doesn't know much of baseball, but she was with me in 2012 when we visited Miller Park and she witnessed a whole series vs the Cubs and was not impressed by Cubs fans to say the least.

when she woke up i was still watching the game (it was game 1) and went

"Cubs Vs Cardinals? who do you root for?"

me (grinning): "the meteorite".

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/zoneTrack.php?month=10&day=7&year=2015&game=gid_2015_10_07_chnmlb_pitmlb_1%2F&prevGame=gid_2014_05_11_nyamlb_milmlb_1%2F&prevDate=1007

Really wasn't that bad. Pittsburgh GOT the worst call of the night in their favor.

Does that graph relate to TBS' graph on the tv screen. I seen more pitches where a strike that was outside was dotted inside TBS' graph and then a Ball on a pitch that looked right on the corner being dotted way outside. That's the graphic I'm complaining about. I don't know that this Brooksbaseball and graphic of pitches and location and strike/ball calls is using the same data TBS is putting on their TV Screen

Archived