Brewer Fanatic

2015-10-02 Cubs (Arrieta) at Brewers (Peña), 7:10 PM [Brewers lose, 6-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]October 2 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (94-65) | Brewers (68-91)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]cubs-2015_arrieta-jake1.jpgbrewers-2015_pena-ariel.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jake Arrieta[/pitcher][h2]21-6, 1.82 ERA, 0.88 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Arrieta has 19 straight quality starts. He’s 15-1 with a 0.85 ERA and 140 strikeouts during that span. He holds the best post-All Star break ERA in Major League Baseball history (0.80) and leads the Majors with 21 wins.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Ariel Peña[/pitcher][h2]2-0, 3.91 ERA, 1.35 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]The Brewers’ AAA affiliate moved Peña to the starting rotation out of need, and he grabbed the opportunity. In his one relief appearance and four starts in the Majors, Peña has held opponents to a .229 average.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. RF Kyle Schwarber (L)
  3. LF Kris Bryant ®
  4. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  5. 2B Starlin Castro ®
  6. C Miguel Montero (L)
  7. SS Addison Russell ®
  8. RHP Jake Arrieta ®
  9. 3B Tommy La Stella (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  3. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  4. LF Khris Davis ®
  5. CF Domingo Santana ®
  6. SS Jean Segura ®
  7. 3B Hernân Pérez ®
  8. C Nevin Ashley ®
  9. RHP Ariel Peña ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

They were blaming Santana but that ball was in straightaway right field and Santana was under it pretty much from the beginning. Schafer was the one who wandered over there when it was completely unnecessary.

Pretty sure that I was the only Brewer fan at Miller Park this evening. Good grief. Oh yeah, Arrieta is pretty decent. Very impressive and it might portend a fairly deep postseason run (unfortunately) for this Cubs team.

Pretty sure that I was the only Brewer fan at Miller Park this evening. Good grief. Oh yeah, Arrieta is pretty decent. Very impressive and it might portend a fairly deep postseason run (unfortunately) for this Cubs team.

Nope. The hawing party was there too. I've been around worse cub fan swarms, but still, the thing I noticed/felt first when glancing at the 2016 schedule a few weeks ago was relief that next year's home finale is not against STL or CHC.

My goal for the night was for the Brewers to avoid being no-hit, and at least they delivered that. Such is the low level of expectations/hopes by now.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived