Brewer Fanatic

Logan Morrison

While I've advocated waiting until next year's deadline to deal Lind, I can embrace the right deal if one comes along this winter. One reason I've been reluctant to embrace the trade Lind at all costs is the paucity of left handed bats so losing Lind would require the addition of some lefty swinging pop from somewhere.

That brings us to Logan Morrison who is entering his final arbitration year in Seattle. It's been speculated by some that Morrison, who can't hit lefties at all, but flashes power vs. RHP, might be someone that new GM Dipote would non-tender. Should that happen, he might be an ideal candidate to match with Rogers in a platoon at 1B. Granted that Rogers is fine vs. RHP too, but having a LH bat with power in a lineup full of RH bats might be better overall. Morrison is eligible for FA in 2017, so maybe you offer him a modest 2 year deal.

Fine with the idea of trading Lind if the price is right but would rather have Rogers play the majority of the time over Morrison. Maybe if Morrison is cheap and actually can play some outfield still. If he can play outfield would rather have him than Peterson.

While Rogers can hit righties and lefties, it's way too easy for a RH pitcher to be able to face a lineup with 8 RH batters counting the pitchers. Yeah they could continue to use Herrera in a platoon at 3B, but with Gennett and Herrera or Sardinas as the two LH hitters, and though they'll hit the occasional long ball, there's really no power threat from the left side in a ballpark that's very kind to LH power hitters.

Eventually Phillips will take over in CF, but until then, they can use some power from the left side. Lind has one more year of control but if he's worth a nice return in a deal this winter, Morrison's an alternative and you might get him on a 2 year deal. Again this is all based on the assumption that Seattle non-tenders him as it would cost nothing in prospects or other talent. Morrison had a respectable .775 OPS against RHP this year, with 17 HR in 309 ABs (1 every 18 ABs) against RHP. Even platooning, he'd be a good bet for 25 HR in Miller Park. Combine that with 200 or so AB's for Rogers who's proven he can come off the bench when he's not starting and you have a 30-35 HR duo at 1B.

Logan's a career 105 OPS+ and totaled 1.3 WAR. Half of his season's he's had negative WAR and he's never posted a positive DWAR. I don't know how much more average and uninspiring you could get. I'd rather just stick Rogers and/or Clark there and get probably the same production for nowhere near the cost.

Logan's a career 105 OPS+ and totaled 1.3 WAR. Half of his season's he's had negative WAR and he's never posted a positive DWAR. I don't know how much more average and uninspiring you could get. I'd rather just stick Rogers and/or Clark there and get probably the same production for nowhere near the cost.

Exactly what I was going to say. He isn't any better than what we have, don't waste the money, and see what we have in our own system. No more band aid players.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So dump Adam Lind for picking up another Adam Lind, except he's much worse than Adam Lind? Might have to build a separate rehab facility for Morrison too he gets hurt so much.

Morrison has played in 143 games so far this year.

2010 - 62

2011 - 123

2012 - 93

2013 - 85

2014 - 99

2015 - 143

The trend isn't on 2015's side. Either he's sucked or been injured every single season he's been in the bigs.

Archived