Brewer Fanatic

Braun shut down for 2015

1992casey
Per Craig Counsell. He said that Ryan didn't suffer any setbacks by playing last night and that he may actually be improving. But he's "not good enough" and it makes sense for him to go into his surgery as healthy as possible.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I can see why Luc would want to play vs. spending the winter wondering about what he's going to be able to do. I think that restricting him to 1B and pinch hitting is a good middle ground.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I have no problem shutting Braun down. It gives us a chance to get a good look at the youngsters.

...or a good look at Logan Schafer.......................again.

Time to start playing Reed, we all know what Schafer brings, let's actually take a look at a player who potentially doesn't suck.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I said before the season that if Braun could start 140 games and produce an .850 OPS it would be a nice season. I read that he had 132 starts (played in 140 games) - so Braunie didn't quite reach that goal, but he ends with an .854 OPS, including 25 HR. It was a pretty solid season. Nice to see he could get through a year without the hand issue affecting him too much.

I'd love to have seen Ryan hit .900+ OPS, but I wanted to keep expectations manageable (at least in my own mind). At age 31, coming off two injury plagued years - to get him on the field as much as they did, and to have him produce at a high level - that was a big win for Milwaukee. Let's just hope he can stay healthy and produce good numbers over the next few years. We've got Braun under contract for five more years, and while he'll be 32 this November, he looks in great shape and is still hitting the ball hard. Staying healthy is probably the biggest factor for the guy going forward.

Hopefully this back surgery is something that isn't a lingering thing and is really only a month or two recovery. I don't know why but anytime I hear back surgery, I just cringe.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I pretty much agree with Reilly. We were all a little worried going into this year so this was a Win. If he hits comparable to this year and plays in above 140 games for the 3-4 years before a noticeable drop that's all we can really expect at this point.

Archived