Brewer Fanatic

2015-09-27 Brewers (Cravy) at Cardinals (Lackey), 1:15 PM [Brewers win, 8-4 on 7 run ninth inning]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 27 | 1:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (65-90) | Cards (98-57)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_cravy-tyler7.jpgcardinals-2015_lackey-john.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Tyler Cravy[/pitcher][h2]0-8, 6.21 ERA, 1.67 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]In a spot start on Tuesday at Chicago, Cravy allowed two runs on three hits in four innings. He took the loss as Jake Arrieta tossed a three hit shutout for his 20th win.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]John Lackey[/pitcher][h2]13-9, 2.74 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lackey has a 1.97 ERA in 16 home starts this year and has posted quality starts in all of those outings. In 14 of his 16 Busch Stadium starts,he’s finished at least seven innings. Lackey is riding a string of 19 consecutive six-plus inning starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  2. SS Jean Segura ®
  3. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  4. LF Khris Davis ®
  5. RF Domingo Santana ®
  6. 3B Hernán Pérez ®
  7. C Martín Maldonado ®
  8. 2B Yadiel Rivera ®
  9. RHP Tyler Cravy ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter (L)
  2. RF Stephen Piscotty ®
  3. CF Jason Heyward (L)
  4. LF Randal Grichuk ®
  5. 1B Matt Adams (L)
  6. 2B Kolten Wong (L)
  7. SS Greg Garcia (L)
  8. C Tony Cruz ®
  9. RHP John Lackey ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

FWIW, I don't get the obsession with starting Schafer either. The only thing I can fathom is that he's the best defensive option in CF.

It's the perfect time to get Reed at bats. These games mean nothing, why on earth would you not want to take a look at our possible CF option for the future? Schafer is not in our future plans, at least, I don't think he is. Maybe CC thinks differently.

I just don't understand this line of thinking...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but while Reed has some CF experience, it doesn't appear to be his primary position. In other words, I don't think I'd consider him a "center fielder of the future," but rather, someone who may play there from time to time.

Still, I'd rather pass on Logan's defensive advantage and punt in center in order to see the younger guys.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but while Reed has some CF experience, it doesn't appear to be his primary position. In other words, I don't think I'd consider him a "center fielder of the future," but rather, someone who may play there from time to time.

Still, I'd rather pass on Logan's defensive advantage and punt in center in order to see the younger guys.

He has more experience than Santana and they had no problem playing Santana in CF.

He has more experience than Santana and they had no problem playing Santana in CF.

Right. I'm fine with either Reed or Santana in CF for the time being, with "time being" including next season if that's how the chips fall.

It was scary when Maldonado got hit in the head in the ninth inning. But he immediately went to first base and jogged off the field when replaced by a pinch runner (Reed). Luckily, he was hit by a change-up.

Some stats:

• 20 years since the Brewers' last pinch hit grand slam (Matt Mieske in September, 1995)
  • First time this season that the Brewers have won when being down after eight innings
  • First time this season that the Cardinals have lost when leading after eight innings

That was freakin' awesome. Thanks for those tidbits, 1992casey.

Two come-from-behind wins in a four-game series. The team we're putting out there right now may be the worst in baseball (which of course doesn't matter for our purposes), and the Cards are supposed to be the best team in baseball. We're basically auditioning guys, and they're playing for a championship. In their park, in front of their rabid fans. I haven't been this happy about actual on-the-field events in well over a year.

But of course which game did I get tickets for? That would be last night's snooze-fest loss. At least I got to see Reed and Houser make their debuts. Speaking of which, I have to give credit where it's due. The Cards PA guy announced that both players were making their MLB debuts, and the fans gave both of them nice ovations. They also cheered for Reed after his double. The "best fans in baseball" bunk annoys me as much as anyone -- I live here -- but that was pretty classy.

Did anyone else catch the interaction between BA and Rock regarding their booth and the bottled water they get?

BA: "... you sit in red chairs and drink Cardinals water. The bottles do say 'Cardinals' on them."

Rock: "They sure think a lot of themselves here."

Did anyone else catch the interaction between BA and Rock regarding their booth and the bottled water they get?

BA: "... you sit in red chairs and drink Cardinals water. The bottles do say 'Cardinals' on them."

Rock: "They sure think a lot of themselves here."

That was funny. Rock was dripping with sarcasm about the Cards on numerous comments.

I've been more of a teamtank guy myself, but if they're going to pull one out of their backside it doesn't get more fun than doing it against the Cards.

That was a pretty outstanding ninth inning. If you heard reports of a middle aged woman jumping up and down in her garage in Madison yesterday...that would've been me. :)

In case you didn't catch both the TV and radio calls: http://m.mlb.com/video/v506041883/must-c-clutch-rogers-stuns-cards-with-grand-slam/?game_pk=415976

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived