Brewer Fanatic

2015-09-25 Brewers (Peña) at Cardinals (Martínez), 7:15 PM [Brewers win, 4-3 on Davis' 9th inning oppo-bomb]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 25 | 7:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (64-89) | Cards (97-56)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_pena-ariel.jpgcardinals-2015_martinez-carlos2.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Ariel Peña[/pitcher][h2]2-0, 3.50 ERA, 1.33 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peña, who made his Major League debut on Sept. 5, will make his fourth start for the Brewers. He picked up his second win last Sunday against the Reds, allowing two runs on four hits in five innings. He has struck out 16 batters in 18 innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Carlos Martínez[/pitcher][h2]14-7, 3.01 ERA, 1.28 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Martínez had arguably his best performance of the season in his September 15 start against Milwaukee. He allowed one run over eight innings in that game. The Cardinals are 22-6 in his 28 starts this season, and he’s won both of his starts vs. the Brewers.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  3. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  4. LF Khris Davis ®
  5. RF Shane Peterson (L)
  6. SS Jean Segura ®
  7. 3B Luis Sardiñas (S)
  8. C Nevin Ashley ®
  9. RHP Ariel Peña ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter (L)
  2. CF Tommy Pham ®
  3. LF Matt Holliday ®
  4. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  5. SS Jhonny Peralta ®
  6. 1B Stephen Piscotty ®
  7. 2B Greg Garcia (L)
  8. C Tony Cruz ®
  9. RHP Carlos Martínez ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I am starting to wonder about Counsell, and if he is a guy we want to mange this team going forward.

If he is unable to see a simple thing like NOT playing Schafer every damn game when we have guys that are part of our future riding the bench, then it makes me nervous...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

They could be trying to set Reed up for success by not throwing him out immediately against tough RHP. I'm guessing they are trying to help his confidence by waiting for a better matchup. He hits right-handed, so I don't know if throwing him out against Wacha and Martinez is the best thing to do right away. Let him start against a lefty or an average/below-average RHP.

Schafer batted against a lefty last night with the Brewers are already out of the game (at least in my opinion they were cooked down 3) and that could have been a decent time to give Reed his first AB.

You make a fair point about not throwing him to the wolves right away.

FSWI showed a replay of Aaron Altherr's inside the park grand slam and splattered graphics all over it. You didn't even see him cross home plate.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I can no longer stomach the Hupy and Abraham commercials. The constant repetition of the commercials has slowly driven me mad all season long... Wish there was a way to bypass them.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I can no longer stomach the Hupy and Abraham commercials. The constant repetition of the commercials has slowly driven me mad all season long... Wish there was a way to bypass them.

DVR. Start watching the game 30-45 minutes after it starts. Skip through them. That's what I do.

They could be trying to set Reed up for success by not throwing him out immediately against tough RHP. I'm guessing they are trying to help his confidence by waiting for a better matchup. He hits right-handed, so I don't know if throwing him out against Wacha and Martinez is the best thing to do right away. Let him start against a lefty or an average/below-average RHP.

I always liked the Yost would give a guy a PA as soon as possible just so they wouldn't be sitting around without doing anything. Get the first PA out of the way.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived