Brewer Fanatic

2015-09-24 Brewers (Jungmann) at Cardinals (Wacha), 6:15 PM [Brewers lose, 7-3]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 24 | 6:15 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (64-88) | Cards (96-56)[/h2][h3]FSWI, MLBN | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_jungmann-taylor8.jpgcardinals-2015_wacha-michael1.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]9-6, 3.31 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann has been one of the bright spots this season and will be looking to be the 12th rookie in franchise history to win 10 games. This will be his 20th start; he’s had 10 quality starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Michael Wacha[/pitcher][h2]16-6, 3.08 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Wacha has had a dip in results lately, allowing 12 earned runs on 15 hits and 11 walks in 15 innings over his last three starts. He has yet to face the Brewers this season and has a 6.10 ERA against them in three career appearances (two starts).[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  3. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  4. LF Jason Rogers ®
  5. RF Domingo Santana ®
  6. 3B Hernan Perez ®
  7. C Martin Maldonado ®
  8. SS Yadiel Rivera ®
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter (L)
  2. CF Tommy Pham ®
  3. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  4. SS Jhonny Peralta ®
  5. 1B Stephen Piscotty ®
  6. LF Randal Grichuk ®
  7. 2B Kolten Wong (L)
  8. C Tony Cruz ®
  9. RHP Michael Wacha ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

More Schaefer and no Reed. What is the point of bringing him up if you're not even going to play him, especially if Logan is the one getting the PT.

I'm with you. The Brewers know what they have in Schafer at this point, don't they? I hope to see Reed in this series at some point.

More Schaefer and no Reed. What is the point of bringing him up if you're not even going to play him, especially if Logan is the one getting the PT.

I'm with you. The Brewers know what they have in Schafer at this point, don't they? I hope to see Reed in this series at some point.

I find it absolutely maddening. Schafer and his .212 batting average have shown year after year that he is not an MLB player. I see no reason to have him on the roster much less to play him.

I could understand it a bit if he was at least average versus nighties, but he is hitting .234 in 77 ab's against rhp's.

So so tired of Logan Schafer. I hope this is the last we see of him in a Brewer uniform (2015 season) With the deepness of our youthful outfield, he serves zero purpose on this team, ZERO!
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So so tired of Logan Schafer. I hope this is the last we see of him in a Brewer uniform (2015 season) With the deepness of our youthful outfield, he serves zero purpose on this team, ZERO!

Agreed. I would actually rather see the kid they just picked up from the Tigers, or Matt Long, or Philips etc.. We know what Schafer is, we dont know what Reed etc can do in the bigs...

Especially right now, our season is over, why on earth would we not be seeing what Reed has to offer? This last couple of weeks should be for seeing the young guys as much as we can. Running guys out there like Schafer is just maddening.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Especially right now, our season is over, why on earth would we not be seeing what Reed has to offer? This last couple of weeks should be for seeing the young guys as much as we can. Running guys out there like Schafer is just maddening.

Specifically Schafer. I thought it was high time to call it quits and DFA Logan in July of 2014. What am I missing? [sarcasm]Is he M.A.'s nephew or something?[/sarcasm]

Archived