Brewer Fanatic

Yadiel Rivera and Tyler Wagner recalled; Michael Reed, Adrian Houser, Yhonathan Barrios, and Jorge Lopez have contracts purchased from Biloxi

And That

Hopefully Lopez will get at least one start and I hope they give Reed the chance to start some games in the OF and bat leadoff.

If they have to keep resting Braun's back, I suspect Reed will get a couple starts though they're pretty meaningless at this point. Schafer's actually been pretty good since he was recalled so vs. RHP, I think he's still in there.

Barrios, Wagner, and Houser joining them

Good. They need all the fresh arms they can get. Everybody Counsell throws out there looks completely gassed at this point. Would have preferred Hader over Houser only because they haven't had a lefty start a game since Gorzelanny did on August 28, 2013. That's 337 straight games started by RHP, which has to be some sort of major league record.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
doesn't Arcia have to be added to the 40 before the rule v draft? I thought i read that. if so, i'm surprised that he wasn't called up.

I think we are at the 40 man limit at this time, so there were only so many guys you could add. We needed more OF depth with Braun and Herrera out (plus Davis has the gimpy ankle). We started Rogers in LF the other day - that shows you we are thin at the position.

Rivera was already on the 40 man roster, so he gets the nod for IF depth.

thanks, wouldn't it make sense to bring up Arcia than over Rivera?

rivera was recalled from an optional assignment. arcia would need to have his contract selected first, and then be recalled.

given the current injury situation, it was a priority for the club to select the contracts of an outfielder and three pitchers. when they selected those four contracts, the 40-man reached capacity.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sounds very much like a "thank you" for their work at the AA championships. Too bad Maverick and Arcia aren't joining because they have another year before needing to be on the 40 man. I wonder if you can have them simply join the team without suiting up?

Sounds very much like a "thank you" for their work at the AA championships. Too bad Maverick and Arcia aren't joining because they have another year before needing to be on the 40 man. I wonder if you can have them simply join the team without suiting up?

Yeah, you don't want to add someone to the roster until he's out of options or until he's going to be here to stay.

I think you can invite anyone you want and probably even suit them up for pregame workouts. But I'm sure they'd be restricted from being in the dugout during games.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

orlando arcia is eligible for the rule 5 draft this year.

Sorry, that is correct. So I'm assuming its to prevent burning an option?

None of the players added now will use an option this year. Their first options would be used if they are sent down after spring training next year.

It may be to watch Arcia's service time.

Archived