Brewer Fanatic

2015-09-19 Reds (Smith) at Brewers (Jungmann), 6:10 PM [Brewers lose, 9-7; three players injured]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 19 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (62-84)

Brewers (62-85)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]reds-2015_smith-josh2.jpgbrewers-2015_jungmann-taylor9.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Josh Smith[/pitcher][h2]0-2, 7.36 ERA, 1.98 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Smith made three starts for the Reds earlier this season and is back in the rotation. Although known for throwing strikes in the minors, his big league starts were marred by command issues and high walk totals.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]9-6, 3.05 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann has a 5.61 ERA over his last five starts, but that stretch includes a gem against the Reds in which he pitched six scoreless innings and allowed only three hits.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Jason Bourgeois (S)
  2. LF Skip Schumaker (L)
  3. 1B Joey Votto (L)
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips ®
  5. 3B Todd Frazier ®
  6. RF Jay Bruce (L)
  7. SS Eugenio Suárez ®
  8. C Tucker Barnhart (S)
  9. RHP Josh Smith ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  3. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  4. LF Khris Davis ®
  5. RF Domingo Santana ®
  6. SS Jean Segura ®
  7. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It doesn't sound like Davis' ankle is all that serious, but you never know how it might feel the next day. Herrera's x-rays were negative, but he has a deep thigh contusion that Counsell terms "significant." I wasn't really clear on Peterson's condition, but Craig seemed to indicate that his injury (knee, I think) was on the same level as Herrera's.

I'd assume that there'll be some callups, but I'd guess not as soon as tomorrow. Braun is still questionable. Craig says they'll sort things out in the morning.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I don't know if there is anybody fromm AAA to call up. I guess Clark has played outfield. Wren doesn't have to be added to the 40 man so doubt he is called up. Would be simple enough to call Fields up or wait until after Sunday to call up Reed.

Archived