Brewer Fanatic

Joe Maddon is my hero

jerichoholicninja

Matt Holiday gets hit. Cards hit Rizzo.

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/maddon-blows-cardinals-were-not-going-put

"I never read this book the Cardinals have written on how to play baseball," Maddon said. "That particular book that you guys got was written right around the turn of the last century. Like 1900, when it took several singles to score runs as opposed to one big guy coming up to hit a home run.

"So that all has changed. You can take that book and you can read it yourself. 'Cause I don't give a crap about that book. I want everybody there to understand that. We don't start stuff, but we stop stuff."

He refused to believe Belisle's pitch may have been an accident.

"Of course not. That is ridiculous," Maddon said. "I don't want to hear that. I don't want to hear about pitching inside. I don't want to hear any of that crap.

"The pitch [Haren] hit their guy with was an absolute mistake. It was awful. We all hated it in the dugout. I'm happy that he's fine, absolutely, but you don't do that under those circumstances.

Dan Haren calls out the Cards organization for what we all know they do.

Haren came up in the Cardinals organization and said he expected there to be retaliation, to the point where he even apologized to Rizzo right after the fifth inning in case the Cardinals went after him.

Haren talked about how it was ingrained in their minds in the Cardinals organization to protect the big guys - like Holliday or Albert Pujols - when they were hit.

"They've been known for doing these types of things and policing it that way," Haren said. "Sometimes they take it to a little bit of an extreme, but you just hope that they know it wasn't on purpose. I don't know if they do [know].

"They were yelling at me pretty good from the dugout. I didn't know what to say; did they want me to say 'I'm sorry'?"

Is it wrong that I don't hate the Cubs players? Yeah, their fans suck and the last time they were good it was easy to hate guys like Zambrano, Dempster, Marmol and Theriot but I just don't hate the players they have now and I love Maddon.

Is it wrong that I don't hate the Cubs players? Yeah, their fans suck and the last time they were good it was easy to hate guys like Zambrano, Dempster, Marmol and Theriot but I just don't hate the players they have now and I love Maddon.

Whew, I thought I was the only one who felt this way...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Agreed. Cubs fans are the worst but I am somewhat pulling for this team. It's like the Royals last year. I wanted to see them win but I didn't like that that would somehow validate Yost as a manager.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I hate Cubs fans, but Cardinals fans and their org I just loathe. Perhaps the ineptitude of the Cubs over the years has made them a bit of a joke, but the smugness and 'Cardinal Way' crap makes St. Louis the worst.

Well done, Joe Maddon. We need more people like this calling out these sanctimonious weenies. If the Brewers do it, we're just whiners and no one really listens. But when other clubs do it, it helps establish the 'Cardinals are dicks' narrative - that is so true.

End rant.

I hate Cubs fans, but Cardinals fans and their org I just loathe. Perhaps the ineptitude of the Cubs over the years has made them a bit of a joke, but the smugness and 'Cardinal Way' crap makes St. Louis the worst.

Well done, Joe Maddon. We need more people like this calling out these sanctimonious weenies. If the Brewers do it, we're just whiners and no one really listens. But when other clubs do it, it helps establish the 'Cardinals are dicks' narrative - that is so true.

End rant.

Especially when one of their former players does it too. I've always been surprised that Lohse never had anything to say about the Cards since he's been a Brewer.

Agree with several posts here. The cubs fans are, by and large, obnoxious fools, but I don't have animosity towards their current players. That said, I'd rather see the crads add another pennant to their heaping collection than see the cub fans have something to go nuts over.

Getting back to Maddon and the Cards stupidity, I have always wanted some team make a big deal about the Cards hitting one of their guys and how they can expect revenge at some point and then never do it. Just to make every Cardinals hitter have that in their mind when their in the box. Maybe, that's what Maddon is actually doing here.

Getting back to Maddon and the Cards stupidity, I have always wanted some team make a big deal about the Cards hitting one of their guys and how they can expect revenge at some point and then never do it. Just to make every Cardinals hitter have that in their mind when their in the box. Maybe, that's what Maddon is actually doing here.

No they should actually hit them every time. Then come out after the game and say we would never do that to someone from another team but since the Cards want to play that way it forces us to play the same way.

If anything is going to get them to stop this whole tit for tat crap is a few bruises that wouldn't have happened if they were on any other team.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Regarding Cubs fans, my experience has been that the Cubs fans who come to Miller Park for games by and large act like much bigger douches than the ones who go to Wrigley.

They're the ones that can't afford Wrigley.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Of course, three Cardinals batters were hit on Saturday, i'm sure Hero Joe would say they were all accidents.

I hate the Cardinals pompous attitude as much as anybody, But i'm really sick of people pumping up Maddon. He's a great manager, but he can be a jerk as well.

Care to elaborate because I can't recall him ever being a jerk?

Of course, three Cardinals batters were hit on Saturday, i'm sure Hero Joe would say they were all accidents.

I hate the Cardinals pompous attitude as much as anybody, But i'm really sick of people pumping up Maddon. He's a great manager, but he can be a jerk as well.

And all 3 HBPs on Saturday were "accidental." Ri-i-i-i-i-ght.

And all 3 HBPs on Saturday were "accidental." Ri-i-i-i-i-ght.

Did you see them? One was in the leg, one grazed the elbow, and maybe the Rodney one was intentional? And he actually said they were going to do it. It's not like everyone else who deny's everything. He flat out said they were going to retaliate. That's not being a jerk, that's telling the Cards that they are sick of their crap and going to give it right back to them. Or do you prefer the Macha approach to things of writing a letter to the commissioner?

Archived