Brewer Fanatic

Looking Ahead - Your 2016 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

CheezWizHed
Personally, I'd prefer if the Brewers are a bit more aggressive in their promotions. It was a bit surprising (and maybe eye opening) to get 21 and 22 year old players at AA and AAA from Baltimore and Houston. I don't have any real evidence that this is better, but I think that creating a challenging environment is better than letting them dominate lesser competition.

And unlike politics, none of us get to vote on whether Kodi moves up or not. So be nice in our discussions please. Its all our opinions and for fun. None of us make a living from MLB.

I agree and feel the same with preferring to see players promoted faster, to me it just says more about the player & their abilities being younger at all the levels while experiencing success. Lara dominating Wisconsin at 18/19 says more about his ability than Dustin DeMuth at 24 or a 22 year old play good at the A ball level. No science just the way I look at it.

With Kodi, he is so young, he could be held back again still be young if youngest players in league. If he starts in BC his opening day eta will be age 22 season. He'd be 20 for half his AA season. If held back, eta 23 years old, 21 at AA ( figuring the healthy 1 level per year) both are still very good. My heart wants him in BC but at same time, I'd be nice for him to go back to Wisconsin and hopefully flash some Ace like dominance consistantly

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived