Brewer Fanatic

2016 Schedule

Bombers

I was wondering when the 2016 schedule will be released. The first link says 9/13 where as Wikipedia says 9/8. Looking at last year it was 9/8. I did always find it odd that baseball released it's schedule during the season.

http://www.mlbschedule2016.com/releasedate.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Major_League_Baseball_season

no to a rangers home game, but Astros will be in town.

The Crew opens at home 4/4 vs the Giants at 1:10 PM CT.

- Interleague foes will be the Twins as usual, and the AL West. Carlos Gomez and the Astros visit on the opening homestand.

- Home Interleague series: Astros, Twins, Angels, A's. Road Interleague: Twins, A's, Mariners, Rangers.

- Will be in D.C. for July 4th.

- Season wraps up at Colorado.

44 of our last 52 games are at home, including a 23 game home stand and 99 total home games according to the obviously wrong schedule on Brewers.com.

http://i.imgur.com/TJrCoXY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5xzN2O4.jpg

Now that I'm seeing the actual schedule, September looks brutal. 9 home games, 18 away games. 6 against the Pirates, 4 against the Cardinals, 7 against the Cubs, 3 against the Rangers.

And we play the Mariners on the road again? Not that I'm complaining, that ballpark is fantastic but we played them on the road the last time we played the AL West and I thought it alternated.

Not that I'm complaining, that ballpark is fantastic but we played them on the road the last time we played the AL West and I thought it alternated.

It's not that logical. :) I suppose that if the schedule makers tried too hard to be logical, they'd go nuts.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Schedule makers doing the Brewers a favor again with attendance by putting so few home games in September.

Does anyone think they do think of these things when making the schedule?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This being released today kind of makes me want to schedule a CA road trip to visit some stadiums I haven't been too yet. A few weeks after this miserable 2015 season ends I will be stoked for next season to start already.

I just went to SF and Oakland for the first time this season. Oakland is a dump but still puts a checkmark in the visited column. SF is a blast and I will go again. Haven't been to the other offerings next year will have (Seattle, LAD, SD) so a western trip might be in my future too. Go Brewers!

Schedule makers doing the Brewers a favor again with attendance by putting so few home games in September.

You can wonder/believe in it. Schedule Makers obviously consider Spring Games and awarding teams with Domes with more Home games April/May. Teams down South will get more Home games then too. Minnesota types that can't fend off snow/spring rain get less home games. I'd guess an easy reason why Milw is playing Miami in Miami in Sept. All the years I've transferred to work in Miami there's never been a Brewer game in April/May...and voila! Next season there will be?!? Wow, and they schedule Min/Milw series in April. That is incredible to have a 10game homestand to finish August and then only play 9games Total in Sept/Oct.

Mileage is also the big thing in working these schedules. Not having an East coast and West Coast series on the same trip.

Personally, I'd guess a randomizer system that creates Schedules with Little tidbits of presets...Like in division games happen in April/Sept more. Click randomize. They'd look at some stats that's produced like Miles traveled by teams. Something sticks out wrong.(a midwest team traveling 400k mile more than any other) Click randomize again. And do this til something looks remotely fair.

This being released today kind of makes me want to schedule a CA road trip to visit some stadiums I haven't been too yet. A few weeks after this miserable 2015 season ends I will be stoked for next season to start already.

I just went to SF and Oakland for the first time this season. Oakland is a dump but still puts a checkmark in the visited column. SF is a blast and I will go again. Haven't been to the other offerings next year will have (Seattle, LAD, SD) so a western trip might be in my future too. Go Brewers!

My brother did the SF/OAK trip for his honeymoon and said that exact same thing. He mentioned that OAK kind of reminded of him of County Stadium a bit as well. Either way, I love taking in new parks regardless of how "good" or "bad" the park actually is for locals who go all the time.

My brother did the SF/OAK trip for his honeymoon and said that exact same thing. He mentioned that OAK kind of reminded of him of County Stadium a bit as well. Either way, I love taking in new parks regardless of how "good" or "bad" the park actually is for locals who go all the time.

That is true. We had a good time hanging out in the Oakland parking lot. There was a group tailgating, playing bags so we stopped and had a beer with them. They were really nice people.

You can wonder/believe in it. Schedule Makers obviously consider Spring Games and awarding teams with Domes with more Home games April/May. Teams down South will get more Home games then too. Minnesota types that can't fend off snow/spring rain get less home games. I'd guess an easy reason why Milw is playing Miami in Miami in Sept. All the years I've transferred to work in Miami there's never been a Brewer game in April/May...and voila! Next season there will be?!? Wow, and they schedule Min/Milw series in April. That is incredible to have a 10game homestand to finish August and then only play 9games Total in Sept/Oct.

Mileage is also the big thing in working these schedules. Not having an East coast and West Coast series on the same trip.

Personally, I'd guess a randomizer system that creates Schedules with Little tidbits of presets...Like in division games happen in April/Sept more. Click randomize. They'd look at some stats that's produced like Miles traveled by teams. Something sticks out wrong.(a midwest team traveling 400k mile more than any other) Click randomize again. And do this til something looks remotely fair.

Read the links posted earlier, they are very interesting. Even a computer can't get it right.

I like a nice mix of start times, 6-ish and 7-ish for night games and noon and one for day games. A small handful of 3 or 4 PM starts are cool too.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived