Brewer Fanatic

Toronto claims Dominguez off waivers

markedman5

Because he really hasn't shown anything. A .720 OPS with 10 homeruns between two pretty hitter friendly stops isn't very impressive. Even his career minor league OPS is .730. His "breakout" MLB season with Houston was only 20 HR's and a sub .700 OPS. I just don't think his bat is every going to be anything special.

mediocre...perhaps- certainly hasn't shown much in the past couple of years, but was coming on strong late. still 25- have to think there's more potential there. interesting note- since August 1 he's had an OPS of .913 and since August 20, has led the entire Brewers organization in OPS among regular players.

I was also curious about the move w/o bringing him up but i guess the fo and scouts know better so now onto another potential option

Have you been watching? Brewers have been getting more production at 3B since they traded Ramirez. Herrera has an .842 OPS as a 3B, where he plays exclusively as a left handed hitter his dominant side. Perez has been decent as well as the RH portion of the platoon. I'm guessing both will be back next year.

mediocre...perhaps- certainly hasn't shown much in the past couple of years, but was coming on strong late. still 25- have to think there's more potential there. interesting note- since August 1 he's had an OPS of .913 and since August 20, has led the entire Brewers organization in OPS among regular players.

Coming on, eh? Well, the Astros gave him plenty of chances to come on. He failed. Badly. Then picked up by the Brewers. To me, it showed how much they thought of him that they didn't call him up when A Ram was traded. You have to have someone play third at AAA. That was his job. Now he's on to the next stop. And the next. And the next. Potential unrealized, yet opportunities given because he "has talent". Talent doesn't always equal success.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived