Brewer Fanatic

White Sox as possible suitor for Segura?

• 3 months later...
White Sox have a need for a SS. They also have a guy they'd like to get off the books in LaRoche. Don Cooper, the White Sox pitching coach fancies himself as a guru and might think he can fix Garza. Garza and his $25 million and Segura for LaRoche and his $13 million? LaRoche if he can bounce back with a return to the NL Central can help fill void left should Lind get dealt. If not, his contract is easier eaten than Garza's.

Looks like my trade idea of Lucroy going to the White Sox is out the window since they signed both Avila and Navarro. Although having them sign both players tightens up the market for catchers even more.

This list of remaining FA is not very appealing:

J.P. Arencibia (30)

Carlos Corporan (32)

Tyler Flowers (30)

Jeff Mathis (33)

Michael McKenry (31)

Jordan Pacheco (30)

Wilin Rosario (27)

Hector Sanchez (26)

White Sox have a need for a SS. They also have a guy they'd like to get off the books in LaRoche. Don Cooper, the White Sox pitching coach fancies himself as a guru and might think he can fix Garza. Garza and his $25 million and Segura for LaRoche and his $13 million? LaRoche if he can bounce back with a return to the NL Central can help fill void left should Lind get dealt. If not, his contract is easier eaten than Garza's.

I don't like the idea of making a trade just to dump money. I don't think Mark A. is mandating we cut payroll from where we are currently, and since we're not looking to compete the next two years, I don't think Garza's money is going to prevent us from anything we're trying to accomplish in that timeframe, aka obtain young, cheap talent. I think both Garza and Segura are more likely to bounce-back and bring back prospects in a deal than LaRoche is, so I'd rather hold onto them and see what actual talent we can turn them into rather than have LaRoche just to fill a hole.

Archived