Brewer Fanatic

Can we stop winning please

Bombers
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lind should be retained maybe extended a couple more seasons.

Lind is 32 with back problems. You could maybe make the argument that we should keep him if we're good, but we're not and won't be for a few years, so add some prospects by trading him.

Other than Lind, there's no LH power in the lineup and none close to the major leagues. Lind's worth more to the Brewers than he is to most teams who are already set at 1B. Developing young RH hitters when the opposing pitchers settle in by not seeing any threat from the left side? You are doing them a disservice. For $8 million, he's worth having around another year. His approach at the plate is something young hitters can learn from too.

Sure for teams that are set at 1B. There are only a few teams that Lind wouldn't be an improvement at 1B.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Lind is 32 with back problems. You could maybe make the argument that we should keep him if we're good, but we're not and won't be for a few years, so add some prospects by trading him.

If they extend Lind then either new guy GM is same as old guy GM or Attanasio is running the show (at least in terms of free agency). And neither is a good thing.

I feel horrible for saying this, but I'm hoping to lose out, play close, but lose out the rest of the way.

(which probably means we win out, if that happens, I'll take the blame...)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Lind has played in 144/156 games. 2 of the past 3 years he has played 143 or more games (96 in 2014). He's on the verge of tying or surpassing his career best WAR season, with good splits across the board. Can we please put the injury issues to rest for the time being? Thanks.

Lind is exactly the kind of player a rebuilding team needs to move away from. Jason Rogers appears more than capable of playing first base every day next season. Trade the older expensive veteran for the cheaper younger player. That's how organizations like Milwaukee survive.

It's now official. The Brewers can't pick any worse than 7th. They would currently pick 6th. They are 3 games behind (ahead?) of the Marlins for the 6th spot who finish on the road with 3 against Tampa and 3 against Philly.

They are currently tied with Colorado but Colorado would pick ahead of the Brewers because they finished last year with a worse record.

The Reds would currently pick 3rd and are 2.5 games ahead of the Brewers with a road game against the Nats, 3 home games against the Cubs and 3 on the road against the Pirates. I don't think we would be able to catch them.

So we're most likely going to stay in the 4-6 range as those three teams are separated by a game with the Rockies owning every tiebreaker and the Brewers owning the tiebreaker over the A's.

so glad to see the young kids do well, but if they keep playing this well they might knock us out of a top 6 pick next year. w/ 4 games left, looks like we'll prob be between #5-7- here's hoping for pick 5. the last time we drafted there, Ryan Braun.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=F00EC371C52B73A7!123&app=Excel

Here is an interesting study done over 17 years from 1990-2006 analyzing draft results. it looks like the top 4 picks have a significant higher likelihood of finding an impact player. I wish this person continued their data at least through 2010, to account for more recent drafting philosophy patterns. either way- the higher you draft- the more players you have to make a mistake on- lol.

With 4 games left it is mostly down to the 6th or 7th pick. Colorado has 2 more losses then us, which based off of last years record we need to pickup 3 games on them as they own the tie breaker. The A's are also 3 games in front of us, as we own the tiebreaker with them. Miami plays the Rays today and then 3 with the Phillies. The Phillies are pretty bad so I am thinking the Brewers get the 6th pick.

Archived