Brewer Fanatic

2015-09-05 Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Lamb), 12:10 PM; Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Sampson), 5:10 PM [Brewers win game 1, 8-6; win game 2, 7-3]

1992casey
As much as I'm mixed about winning meaningless games come September like the team has on this bit of a hot streak, if it's mainly the young guys doing it with the occasional help from the bench guys, then so be it. We traded away a good chunk of our veteran line-up before the trade deadline to help the farm system and the team is still playing well enough to win some games. I want a top 10 draft pick as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to downplay a strong effort by the team either. After the team got off to that god awful start in April, I pegged them at around 70-72 wins and I still think they're on pace for that. The team has been streaky like this before and I'm sure they'll drop plenty of games come later in the month.

Yes, these wins might affect our draft order but I'd rather watch this than what we endured earlier in the season. I watch baseball for entertainment and it wasn't entertaining for most of this season.

Archived