Brewer Fanatic

2015-09-05 Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Lamb), 12:10 PM; Brewers (Peralta) at Reds (Sampson), 5:10 PM [Brewers win game 1, 8-6; win game 2, 7-3]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 5[/h1][h2]Brewers (58-75) | Reds (55-77)[/h2][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][doubleheader][h1]Game 1 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/doubleheader][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_garza-matt8.jpgreds-2015_lamb-john.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]6-14, 5.56 ERA, 1.54 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza has struggled all season, but the righty has had a particularly hard time of late. He allowed seven earned runs in just 3⅓ innings Saturday against Cincinnati, raising his ERA over his last three starts to 12.83.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]John Lamb[/pitcher][h2]0-3, 5.24 ERA, 1.43 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lamb is coming off of his best outing in four big league starts and his first quality start. In a 4-1 loss, he gave up two runs over six innings while throwing 87 pitches. He relied heavily on his changeup and used it to set up his fastball.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura ®
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. LF Khris Davis ®
  5. 1B Jason Rogers ®
  6. CF Domingo Santana ®
  7. 3B Hernán Pérez ®
  8. 2B Elián Herrera (S)
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Jason Bourgeois (S)
  2. RF Jay Bruce (L)
  3. 1B Joey Votto (L)
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips ®
  5. 3B Todd Frazier ®
  6. LF Skip Schumaker (L)
  7. SS Eugenio Suárez ®
  8. C Tucker Barnhart (S)
  9. LHP John Lamb (L)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links]

[/igt-2012]

[igt-2012][doubleheader][h1]Game 2 | 5:10 P.M.[/h1][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/doubleheader][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_peralta-wily.jpgreds-2015_sampson-keyvius1.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]5-8, 4.30 ERA, 1.48 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta erased concerns about his velocity in his most recent start by holding the Reds to a lone run in seven innings. Now he gets a rematch in Cincinnati, where he holds a 2.43 ERA in five career starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Keyvius Sampson[/pitcher][h2]2-2, 6.43 ERA, 1.79 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]With a 9.00 ERA in his last four starts, Sampson needs to not only find command of his fastball but success with his secondary pitches. His fastball has been getting hit hard often, and he’s not going deep into games.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  3. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  4. RF Domingo Santana ®
  5. LF Shane Peterson (L)
  6. SS Jean Segura ®
  7. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Wily Peralta ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Jason Bourgeois (S)
  2. 3B Iván DeJesús Jr. ®
  3. 1B Joey Votto (L)
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips ®
  5. SS Eugenio Suárez ®
  6. C Brayan Peña (S)
  7. LF Adam Duvall ®
  8. RHP Keyvius Sampson ®
  9. CF Ryan LaMarre ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Just when I was sweating the Brewers might be out of the game at 5-1 - Adam Lind hit a ringing double to tie the game! GO BREWERS!

Oh and Jean Segura with a solid single. Brewers now lead 6-5. Come on lets get 3 games clear of the Reds.

Losing is for losers. :-)

You can pin a lot of that on the Red's defense. The Brewer hitters did well, but the defense contributed to extra bases and extra runs.

You can pin a lot of that on the Red's defense. The Brewer hitters did well, but the defense contributed to extra bases and extra runs.

Seriously. How many times did Bourgeois spin around on Lind's double? Was he playing baseball or doing a solo waltz?

Disclaimer: I have no idea if doing the waltz requires spinning.

I feel bad for Lamb. It wasn't like he melted down. Aside from Lind's double, the Brewers hits were soft liners or ground balls. And nobody walked.

Losing is for losers. :-)

and losers is what we are...

:tongue

I hate losing too, but I have accepted every loss as one step closer to a high draft choice, but now, all of a sudden, they start winning, ruining my new "acceptance" attitude...

It is such hard work being a Brewers fan.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It was raining earlier, but not enough to delay the game. Now, there's no rain, but there's a warning on the scoreboard encouraging fans to go to the concourses due to storms in the area. Yet they're continuing to play. You're not going to get fans into the concourse if there's a game on the field.

After a bunch of diddling around trying to decide what to do about lightning, a huge blast of thunder caused everyone to run off the field. Now the groundskeepers are rushing to lay the tarp under potentially dangerous conditions.

It looks like they're going to reboot the game at about 7:50 PM CT. Ariel Peña is out in the bullpen and may take over for Peralta.

I hope that Jiménez is replaced next inning. It's not because of anything that might happen on the mound; it's because of the way Craig Cushon is pronouncing his name.

Hooray for 30 year old scrubs like Elian Herrera leading us to meaningless victories!

Scrub? He's produced more than Segura or Gennett. At least he brings some pop to the plate here and there and can play multiple positions. He deserves to play more and should be on this team again next season.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hooray for 30 year old scrubs like Elian Herrera leading us to meaningless victories!

Scrub? He's produced more than Segura or Gennett. At least he brings some pop to the plate here and there and can play multiple positions. He deserves to play more and should be on this team again next season.

Sorry you're so offended that I called a 30 year old with a little over 400 big league at bats who's hitting .236/.288/.385 a scrub. I don't know what you call it, but it's a scrub by my definition.

Sorry you're so offended that I called a 30 year old with a little over 400 big league at bats who's hitting .236/.288/.385 a scrub. I don't know what you call it, but it's a scrub by my definition.

Toss in both games today at he's OPS'ing over .700 now

Might not be a starter but he can be a great piece to have on your bench and is far from a scrub.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Might not be a starter but he can be a great piece to have on your bench and is far from a scrub.

Oh, so after two of the best games of his career his stats will still indicate he's a well below average offensive player?

He can be a decent bench piece, mainly because of positional flexibility on a contender. We aren't that and he's not someone we should be giving this much playing time to.

Oh, so after two of the best games of his career his stats will still indicate he's a well below average offensive player?

He can be a decent bench piece, mainly because of positional flexibility on a contender. We aren't that and he's not someone we should be giving this much playing time to.

Who should we be giving it to? We already give plenty to guys like Segura who don't OPS what Herrera does.

Who should we be giving it to? We already give plenty to guys like Segura who don't OPS what Herrera does.

How about Perez? He's only 24. Just give Gennett at bats against lefties. He probably won't hit them but what are you really missing out on if he's given a shot?

As much as I'm mixed about winning meaningless games come September like the team has on this bit of a hot streak, if it's mainly the young guys doing it with the occasional help from the bench guys, then so be it. We traded away a good chunk of our veteran line-up before the trade deadline to help the farm system and the team is still playing well enough to win some games. I want a top 10 draft pick as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to downplay a strong effort by the team either. After the team got off to that god awful start in April, I pegged them at around 70-72 wins and I still think they're on pace for that. The team has been streaky like this before and I'm sure they'll drop plenty of games come later in the month.

Seriously. How many times did Bourgeois spin around on Lind's double? Was he playing baseball or doing a solo waltz?

Disclaimer: I have no idea if doing the waltz requires spinning.

Yes it does, but not like that. ;)

Archived