Brewer Fanatic

Want to see a future big leaguer?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I thought those of you who appreciate prospects would get the most use out of this.

Those of you in the WI area should get yourselves to a Timber Rattlers game and see their SS Carlos Truinfel. He's a Dominican kid who is the best A ball prospect I've seen in a long time.

He's hitting .350 and that might be his worst tool. He's easily a 7 defender (on the 2-8 scale) right now. He runs nearly as well as Rickie Weeks and I think will show Rickie's potential for power down the line.

All that and he's exactly 17 years old!

Get to see him early because he might not last the whole season there.

Just a note, the Brewers made a pretty strong run to sign Truinfel last fall. Truinfel was represented by Boras, which probably meant they were asking for more than what the Brewers were willing to spend (that's not a knock on the Crew, just an educated guess).

Yohannis Perez at $500K was a better fit.

Thanks for the head's up though Blazer.

There have been a couple of T-Rats games televised locally on Time Warner Sports (channel 32 for TW Cable subscribers in SE WI) for anyone interested in watching him that aren't able to catch a game live.

Archived