Brewer Fanatic

2015-09-01 Pirates (Cole) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM [Brewers win, 7-4]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/pirates.png[/logo][game-info][h1]September 1 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Pirates (79-50)

Brewers (55-75)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]pirates-2015_cole-gerrit.jpgbrewers-2015_nelson-jimmy4.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Gerrit Cole[/pitcher][h2]15-7, 2.44 ERA, 1.11 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Cole notched his 15th win after limiting the Marlins to one run in 7 innings Thursday. He had been stuck at 14 wins since July 26, though that was due to a lack of run support as much as any problems he encountered on the mound.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]10-10, 3.81 ERA, 1.27 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Pirates | Game Log[/h3][h3]After a 14 start stretch in which he posted a 2.98 ERA, Nelson walked a career high eight batters and allowed five runs in 3 innings in Cleveland on Aug. 26. Nelson is 3-1 with a 1.85 ERA in four starts against the Pirates this season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Gregory Polanco (L)
  2. LF Starling Marte ®
  3. CF Andrew McCutchen ®
  4. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  5. SS Jung Ho Kang ®
  6. 2B Neil Walker (S)
  7. 1B Pedro Álvarez (L)
  8. C Francisco Cervelli ®
  9. RHP Gerrit Cole ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. CF Domingo Santana ®
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I have to believe that Jimmy Nelson will be our future #2 or better, this kid can be so great at times, and I have to think he will only get better with time...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If only we could play 162 games at home against the pirates

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The crowd was dismal tonight. Announced as a bit over 18k but looked more like 12k to me. And that was on a night that had free BP tickets for the terrace level. Kind of cool to see ARam get a bit of some deserved applause after his HR in the 8th though.

I was at the game yesterday as I did get the free BP tickets. Probably the most dead crowd and least attended I have seen in at least a decade. Reminded me of the old days at County Stadium. Announced attendance of around 18,000 but plenty of no shows as the entire terrace box was sold out with the BP promotion but plenty of empty seats there.

Archived